Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry Links Widget

• dkirmis
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Gantry Links Widget

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Hi All...I'm new to using Wordpress themes, I've done way more Joomla development and use RT Templates quite a bit. I'm building a Wordpress site using a RT Theme, and I'm seeing the "Gantry Links" widget. In my mind, I'm seeing this widget as similar to the Joomla "Weblinks" module, where I can create categories for links and add different URL's to lists in those categories. Then, use the Links widget to display them in a position. Am I right, or am I waaaay off? Anyway, if this is correct, how do I create the link categories and links? I don't see anything in the dashboard that leads to that (ie: I can create new posts and new pages, but no new links. And, the categories only relate to posts.) Thanks for any help!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Gantry Links Widget

• It's just the Gantry Flavor of this: en.support.wordpress.com/widgets/links-widget/

Displays Blogroll links... plus I *think* it can display a login link... and like a sitemap link or something... "core" wordpress links
    • Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • dkirmis
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Okay, that's what I thought...but I don't have a "Links" menu anywhere to create the links/blogroll. I added the widget to the footer, does it need to go in the sidebar in order to have the Links menu appear?
    • dkirmis
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Oops, never mind, I just read that the Links Manager in WordPress was disabled after version 3.5! Ha! I found the plugin and added it back, and now I can see the links. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds