Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Update not possible

• fox21
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Update not possible

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Hi there,
      I am planning to do a big update for my customer. So I am testing the updates on a duplicated testserver.
      Running System: Joomla 2.5.6
      Gantry 3.2.22
      Theme: Clarion v1.2

I want to upadte to joomla 3.x (stable)
      The newest Gantry-Version and the newest Themeversion.

The automatic updated is not working because the provider is blocking the information of updates to other servers. My system is telling me all is fine and all is up to date (but it isn't).

I first downloaded the Gantry Framework for Joomla 2.5.x and Joomla 3.x
      After trying to install I got following message:
      Failure at installation routine
      Installation failed.
      Joomla! 2.5.6 is not supported. Minimum required version is Joomla! 2.5.10, but it is highly recommended to use Joomla! 3.3.6 or later version.

??? Does anyone has an idea how I can update gantry? Should I first update Joomla to 3?
      Thanks for help

cu R.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Update not possible

• If you want to upgrade from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.x these are the steps to follow:

1. backup backup backup!
      2. make sure that you meet the system requirements for J3.x (min php 5.3.10).
      3. check that al RT products are on latest versions (gantry, rt extensions and template) update any that aren't and clear server cache and browser cache. Check that RT template you are using is compatible with Joomla 3.x http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates-compatibility-matrix . You can check all current version numbers in extension manager > manage. Please note if you are using "mission control" admin template that you need to uninstall this by following these special instructions http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/missioncontrol-joomla-admin-template/235181-important-information-about-uninstalling-mission-control .
      4. check all your third-party extensions are up to date and that they are compatible with J3.x
      5. test test test! to make sure anything you updated does still work ok
      6. backup backup backup!
      7. disable "system - remember me" plugin in extension manager > plugins
      8. update to J3.x and clear server and browser cache again.
      9. test test test!
      10. backup backup backup!
      11. re-enable "system - remember me" plugin.

BUT! you need to update to latest joomla 2.5 (2.5.28) first as well before you begin and update to gantry 4.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • fox21
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I can't update gantry. I am now on 2.5.8. After trying update Gantry i got the same problem:
      Installation failed
      Joomla! 2.5.8 is not supported. Minimum required version is Joomla! 2.5.10, but it is highly recommended to use Joomla! 3.3.6 or later version.

Any idea? Thanks R.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 2.5.8 is ancient - you need to get to 2.5.28 before you attempt to update anything else.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • fox21
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• yes i got it. sorry thought 2.5.10 is 2.5.1. I am looking for the update.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok post back if resolved or you need more help.

Regards, Mark.
    • fox21
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Great help man. All great. Some minor problems with some 3rd party plugins but nothing I can't solve.
      Great thanks for that help. Today you are my genius and saved my day.

kind regards R.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds