Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Template positions not editable

• SOLVED Template positions not editable

Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
    • Yesterday installed php 5.5.23 on Joomla 3.4.1. Now changes to template are no longer recorded. Got the message: Warning: DOMDocument :: import node (): message-ID system already defined in /home/user/domains/account/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/phpQuery.php on line 591. After updating Roksprocket to 2.1.6 the message does not appear anymore. But updating the positions in the templatemanager still fails.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Template positions not editable

• Ok you'd done the right thing updating to resolve the error (the fix was in there).

Now please explain what you mean by layouts not updating?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Template positions not editable

• I go into the templatemanager where I would like to change the number of positions in a certain area. Looks like it works. But then after saving and reopening the template the old data are there. So nothing changed. Renewing the cache doesn't help. Before upgrading the PHP-version to 5.5 it all worked fine.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You do not change the number of positions in template manager. That is merely a toggle for looking at the different layouts. It's irrelevant that number it's set on when you re-ënter template manager. The number of positions is actually determined from the number of modules that you have published to that position area.

A lot of members struggle to understand how Gantry positions work - but our MOD DanG has written this brilliant tutorial to explain it... http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-framework/189390

Of course you should also look at the Gantry documentation too which can be found at http://gantry-framework.org .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I don't understand. I published the module "brancheorganisaties" to extension-c. But it stays in position extension-b where it was before.

I will read the documentation for sure!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You can publish it to c d e or f and it will make no difference if you don't have modules published in the other positions then they collapse like they're not there. So, if you only have a module in extensions-a and extension-c then that's still only 2 positions so it will be the "2" layout that's used.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Cornelius123

• You can close this one.
      There was a mistake in the html-module that was published to extension-c. The code started with <div> but there was no "enddiv </div>". That scrumbled things up. Anyway thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds