0 items Join Now

SOLVED Coming Soon Page

• Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Coming Soon Page

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Using Worpress 4.0
      Using Tessellate Theme

Just started using Rocket Themes and the Gantry Framework. If I like it, and it proves to make my workflow easier instead of more difficult--particularly figuring out these little details, I'll buy more.

I followed these instructions exactly:
      www.rockettheme.com/docs/wordpress/theme...ellate/comingsoon.md

And I don't get a "Comming Soon" page. The instructions show how to enable it, customize the content, BUT they don't say what else I have to do in either Worpress Dashboard or the Tessellate Theme Dashboard to actually make the page appear when the site is uploaded. Here's the site: friendsforbenefits.org/

Also, when using the Tessellate Theme dashboard -> Gizmos I'll click on the checkbox for "Coming Soon Page", save it, and it won't save. I've noticed this similar disfunction when I try and save otehr settings. Am I suppose to click something else other than "save" to make those checkmarks stay checkmarked?

Thank you for your help!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Coming Soon Page

• It's important to understand Overrides... here's my boilerplate

www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordpress/configure

There are 2 key components here: Settings and Widgets

Settings being the screen you get to from [Theme-Name] Theme and Widgets being where they've always been... but now, they're Gantry Widget Positions there instead of just the "Sidebar" concept in core WordPress.

Your Default Settings, for your Theme Settings, are stylistic traits, certain features, and layout/size controls for your widgets on every page. If you want a specific page to have an different attribute, the most common being controlling the size (width) of a specific widget position, then you'd create a new Override for it.

Your Default Settings, for your Widgets, are simply Widgets that will appear on every page. Typical ones would be your logo, menu, and footer info. If you want a Widget to only appear (or not appear) on a specific page, then you'd create a new Override for it.

When you create an Override you Assign it to a specific page, post, category type, and/or a whole host of other options on the Assignment tab.

The Coming Soon page should be enabled from the Default Settings, not from an Override...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Matt,

Thank you for your quick reply and tutorial on Gantry, overrides, widgets versus gantry widgets, etc...but I've been through all this. And I have been on the Gantry website and have nine pages of notes from watching the videos and reviewing everything I can on the Gantry website.

But what I don't have is a clear walk-through about how to create a "Coming Soon" Page. I did precisely what was explained on the link I posted above. I visited the domain name, and NO COMING SOON PAGE.

As for my second question, why is it when I save a gizmo or setting on an override in the Rockettheme Settings, and then refresh, it disappears like I never saved it at all?

Thank you for your help!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• It's just cause you're logged in when you visit... I see the Coming Soon page when I hit your site ;)
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• You need to make sure you're ticking the box next to the setting you want to change... So long as your Override is valid (it's actually assigned to something in the Assignments tab) and the setting you're changing is different than its Default Setting, AND you've ticked the box next to the value you're changing, it should save fine...

For paranoia's sake I hit the Save button obsessively... like, I don't like toggling between tabs without hitting Save first
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• MATT, THANK YOU!

I also realized I wasn't seeing it because I had "Maintenance Mode" clicked on. But curious, While in the default setting, why isn't it showing the logo I replaced via the Tessellate Theme Settings->Style->Custome Logo (see Photos Below). It's not showing on my cell phone either.

Clarification: So as long as either the "Coming Soon Page" or "Maintenance Mode" are clicked, I can go on and create pages, menus, etc...preview how they look, and no one will see them except for either the "Coming Soon Page" or Maintenance Mode" Page, correct? Can I even select certain menus in the WORDPRESS dashboard and publish them and they will still not be seen by the public until I remove the "Coming Soon" page?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• maybe you just need to clear your browser cache?

I see it, attached.

Correct... and Maintenance Mode will beat/win over the Coming Soon page so if that's on they'll see that instead...

:)
    • The following users have thanked you: Stu

• Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Thank you Matt, appreciate the help!

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds