Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED odd(5) column layout possible

• SOLVED odd(5) column layout possible

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • Hi,

I'd like tu use the gantry-template as such: 5 column-layout: sb1-content-sb2

content consists of 3 columns (c1,c2,c3)

all collumns should be same width (sb1=c1=c2=c3=sb2).

Max-templatewidth = 1240px;

see attached design.

Is this possible with Gantry-fw and Gantry-template.

Thanks in advance

Mark
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED odd(5) column layout possible

• That's going to be tricky since gantry is a 1200px (large display viewport) 12 column grid. - therefore each of the columns is one 12th of the overall template size. 1240 is not divisible by 12 (with a whole number), furthermore using that columns layout is likely to yield tiny columns in a responsive template any (tablet and mobile) so again it might not meet your needs.

also 12 is not divisble by 5 (each position has to be a whole number of columns) therefore again this is going to give you issues. Especially trying to get it working in a responsive layout (5 viewports).

If you want to alter the Gantry responsive widths, please see this thread http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-template-fracture-solved-threads/182889-solved-maximum-width?start=0#901979

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED odd(5) column layout possible

• Mark,

Thanks for quick response.
      I thought so....

I'll have to adjust the design....

Thanks again.

Mark

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds