Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

500 error trying to edit Gantry template manager:styles

• Re: 500 error trying to edit Gantry template manager:styles

Posted 12 years 6 days ago
    • I sure did. His response was the screen shot he sent me. We'll see...

Posted 12 years 5 days ago
    • Configure folders and files to a values different that 755 and 744 respectively is a security risk.
      if I configure in joomla FTP layer I can install modules,... without problem EVEN the info about writable folders appear in red!!!!... and I don't know the reason, Any suggestion?
      I think that if I use a FTP layer, joomla install extensions like the wrigth FTP user.
      If I use FireFTP to modify files like css i'm using the right user and permisions.
      Everything work for me ok but today I update gantry to last version and appear the 500 msg error "Unable to use given directory. Check file permissions" when I try to open the gantry style themplate.
      Any suggestion? i'm so confusing
      thanks all

Posted 11 years 11 months ago
    • I've searched the forums about the 500 error when trying to access the template Momentum in Gantry. Tried with several permissions again and again. When i installed the rocket launcher with Momentum for Joomla 1.7 the template is accessible. Because i want to use joomla 2.5 - is used again the rocket launcher with joomla 2.5 and again the error ..
      The permissions i can alter myself on my own server .. but i really get frustrated by not being able to access the gantry framework and momentum template in joomla 2.5 - any ideas / can it be that some settings in the parallel framework for hosting websites is wrong? or is the topic already solved?
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: 500 error trying to edit Gantry template manager:styles

• 500 = Oops! Something went wrong...

Usually it's a configuration error of the server.

Anyway, if you want me to take a look, send me a PM with an FTP login as well as Joomla super admin login :)
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG

• 500 = Oops! Something went wrong...
      Thats correct !!

Usually it's a configuration error of the server.

Usually it is - but the problems seem to focus on a new install with a joomla 2.5 rocketlauncher - only point of concern = accessing the Gantry panel to edit the template. Rest just works fine.
      some file is set wrong by uploading (only in 2.5) - which file permissions to look for > being able to edit the template. Or is it the specs of the server (not the right version?)

When i use the joomla 1.5 rocketlauncher there seems to be no problem and the Gantry panel is accessible.

• After some trial and error prim did point me at the right solution - adjusted all the file permissions - but i hate it ... and voila... it works !! Thanks .. :P

• im having the same problem.

i have a new installation of joomla 2.5. i have updated to the latest version. everything was working fine until i installed juxta. after the installation, i began getting a 500 error when trying to access "template manager".

after reading through this thread, i checked the permissions. i changed superuser--super admin from denied to allowed. after doing this, i began receiving this message when trying to access the template manager "Fatal error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /www/box8.cavinesswealth.com/ftp/html/libraries/gantry/libs/phpQuery.php on line 255"

any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
    • tonic

• I had the same problem when moving the site from localhost to test server.
      I solved changing php memory limit to 64 MB
      May be it can help ... I don't know
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi david,

check with your host if your server has DOMsupport.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• Kat05 wrote:
      hi david,

check with your host if your server has DOMsupport.

kat :)

thanks for the reply! it was indeed server settings. problem fixed.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds