Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

500 error trying to edit Gantry template manager:styles

• Stephen

Re: 500 error trying to edit Gantry template manager:styles

Posted 12 years 2 months ago
    • Have since uninstalled every rockedtheme item I can find. Reinstalled Gantry bundle but the theme will not let me edit it. I still get the 500 error when I try to access it.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Dennis22 wrote:
      How do you suggest the template's directory permission to be changed?

You use an FTP client such as FileZilla and you right-click on the folder so it becomes 755 and if that doesn't work then try 757.

If you haven't already sent the login to Kat you can PM and i will check it later today 8)
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Stich wrote:
      I am also having the same issue with clean install of J2.5 and rt_clarion and replicant. 500 error when accessing edit for the theme.

I also installed rt-hivemind just before the others and before I installed gantry but this template I can edit style's etc fine.

Can you PM me FTP login as well as Joomla super admin login?
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

• Re: 500 error trying to edit Gantry template manager:styles

• Kat05 wrote:
      hi there,

can you set 'error reporting' to maximum in the joomla global configuration?
      also ask you client to check the server's error logs for any detailed error messages.

unfortunately, i can't say anything good about hosting joomla on windows servers.

kat :)

I am still hoping to get an answer to my question about which file or directory mint be responsible for not allowing me to access the template style editor. Can you please advise? Which one may not have proper permissions? My client is starting to foam at the mouth.
    • Stephen

• prim wrote:
      Stich wrote:
      I am also having the same issue with clean install of J2.5 and rt_clarion and replicant. 500 error when accessing edit for the theme.

I also installed rt-hivemind just before the others and before I installed gantry but this template I can edit style's etc fine.

Yep - I have. Thank you so much for your help and I look forward to be able to get this working.

• I'm having the same issue with J2.5 and Clarion. If I try to click into the clarion template to edit it I get the 500 error. It doesn't happen with other themes and the issue seemed to appear out of nowhere as it was working correctly for a few days previous.

• FYI. I just changed the entire folder structure permissions for the rt_clarion folder to 777 and it didn't fix the issue.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Stich wrote:
      prim wrote:
      Stich wrote:

Yep - I have. Thank you so much for your help and I look forward to be able to get this working.

Yeah, fixed it now. It was permission issues :)

• Stephen

• You are my new best friend prim. :cheesy: Could you please tell me exactly what permission you changed. So I know for the future.

Thanks again
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Your server needed 757 on some folders and 646 on configuration.php 8)

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds