Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

500 error trying to edit Gantry template manager:styles

• 500 error trying to edit Gantry template manager:styles

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • The title says it all. I tried searching the forum but no results. I can access and / or edit every other (atomic, beez) template in this Joomla 1.7.3 / Gantry 3.2.12 installation.

I can also access the Gantry Template Manager: Templates (if I want to modify the CSS, etc.) but not the styles, settings, layout, etc.

I am trying to tell the client (who hosts their own site on Windows IIS 7), that this is a permission thing, but they assure me all is set properly according to docs.joomla.org/IIS#Setting_the_filesystem_permissions

Any help is appreciated!!
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: 500 error trying to edit Gantry template manager:styles

• hi there,

can you set 'error reporting' to maximum in the joomla global configuration?
      also ask you client to check the server's error logs for any detailed error messages.

unfortunately, i can't say anything good about hosting joomla on windows servers.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: 500 error trying to edit Gantry template manager:styles

• OK thanks, Kat, I will send this inquiries and see what happens.

• What directory/file would prevent me from accessing the template manager: styles if the permissions were not correct?

I am already having an issue with not being able to use Akeeba because [default_directory] is not writable, but I know where that problem lies.

As I mentioned, I am able to access and manage all the other templates, except Gantry.

• I am have joomla 1.5 running fine under same server, no folder permission issues.

The joomla 2.5 is under subfolder on top of the 1.5 joomla site.

I am getting same 500 error with your templates:

rt_gantry - Default
      rt_zephyr_j16 - Default

500 - An error has occurred.
      Unable to use given directory. Check file permissions.

Changed joomla global configuration to maximum and got these errors:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/plugins/system/rokgzipper/rokgzipper.php on line 34

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/plugins/system/k2/k2.php on line 278

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/plugins/system/rokextender/rokextender.php on line 32

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/plugins/system/k2/k2.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Non-static method RokCandyHelper::getMacros() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/plugins/system/rokcandy/rokcandy.php on line 31

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/administrator/components/com_rokcandy/helpers/rokcandyhelper.php on line 17

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/administrator/components/com_rokcandy/helpers/rokcandyhelper.php on line 18

Strict Standards: Non-static method RokCandyHelper::getUserMacros() cannot be called statically in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/callback.php on line 159

Strict Standards: Non-static method RokCandyHelper::getUserMacros() cannot be called statically in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/callback.php on line 159

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/administrator/components/com_rokcandy/helpers/rokcandyhelper.php on line 28

Strict Standards: Non-static method RokCandyHelper::getTemplateOverrides() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/administrator/components/com_rokcandy/helpers/rokcandyhelper.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/administrator/components/com_rokcandy/helpers/rokcandyhelper.php on line 45

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/administrator/components/com_rokcandy/helpers/rokcandyhelper.php on line 46

Strict Standards: Non-static method RokCandyHelper::readIniFile() cannot be called statically in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/callback.php on line 159

Strict Standards: Non-static method RokCandyHelper::readIniFile() cannot be called statically in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/callback.php on line 159

Strict Standards: Non-static method RokCandyHelper::getCurrentTemplate() should not be called statically in /home/admin/domains/onejungle.com/public_html/develop/administrator/components/com_rokcandy/helpers/rokcandyhelper.php on line 57

Hope this can help fix the problem.

Best Regards
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• 500 - An error has occurred.
      Unable to use given directory. Check file permissions.

That might be caused by incorrect folder permissions in the template's directory

You might also want to check this:

stackoverflow.com/questions/1248952/php-...rict-standards-error
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG

• Site after Zephir template was braking down.

I have restored the site to older version.

With joomla template at develop Error Reporting shows some warnings about k2, nothing serius

maximum Error Reporting does not shows any errors

I am sure you havent uploaded the proper files for Joomla 2.5 at rockettheme site. All your files at site regardless the version still named "rt_zephyr_j16".

Please let us know when you are done updating your Joomla 2.5 template versions.

Thanks
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

our templates for j1.6/7 are also compatible with j2.5.
      you just need to make sure to use the latest versions of gantry and our extensions.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• Thanks for your responses

Prim: As i said before, I have joomla 1.5 running fine under same server, no folder permission issues. The joomla 2.5 is under subfolder on top of the 1.5 joomla site so there should be no folder permission issues on that server.

How do you suggest the template's directory permission to be changed?

Kat05: I have tried gantry_joomla_framework-3.2.16 from www.gantry-framework.org/download ..... I can provide you ftp access to our server if you would like to take a closer look.
    • Stephen

• I am also having the same issue with clean install of J2.5 and rt_clarion and replicant. 500 error when accessing edit for the theme.

I also installed rt-hivemind just before the others and before I installed gantry but this template I can edit style's etc fine.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds