Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cannot assign default template Hybrid theme

• un10cked
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Cannot assign default template Hybrid theme

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • I have had a look at some of the forum ropics but I am still getting the same error over and over again when i try to edit my hybrid november joomla theme. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Thank you very much. Looking forward to hearing your solutions.

Kindly regards.

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/prowebsi/public_html/demo/joomla/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 215

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/prowebsi/public_html/demo/joomla/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 216

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'CacheException' with message 'Unable to use given directory. Check file permissions.' in /home/prowebsi/public_html/demo/joomla/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php:50 Stack trace: #0 /home/prowebsi/public_html/demo/joomla/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(73): FileCacheDriver->__construct(900, '/home/prowebsi/...') #1 /home/prowebsi/public_html/demo/joomla/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(59): GantryCache->init(true) #2 /home/prowebsi/public_html/demo/joomla/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(50): GantryCache->__construct(true) #3 /home/prowebsi/public_html/demo/joomla/components/com_gantry/gantry.php(167): GantryCache::getInstance(true) #4 /home/prowebsi/public_html/demo/joomla/components/com_gantry/admin/elements/gantry.php(54): require_once('/home/prowebsi/...') #5 /home/prowebsi/public_html/demo/joomla/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element.php(76): JElementGantry->fetchElement( in /home/prowebsi/public_html/demo/joomla/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 50
  • Re: Cannot assign default template Hybrid theme

• Seeing your error message, it seems there's a permission issue in your server. Could you please try to enable the ftp layer in the global configuration? If it still don't work, you might want to ask your hosting to install suPHP on their server. For more information about suPHP and Joomla permission you may check this link
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

Re: Cannot assign default template Hybrid theme

• Arifin, there has to be another method to fix this. I've just run into this exact error after running a fresh install of RocketLauncher for Panacea. I've added the FTP in the Global Configuration and it doesn't help. Looking at lines 214 through 217 in the fileCacheDriver.class.php file, here are the lines:

protected function checkDirectory($dir){
                      if(!is_dir($dir) && mkdir($dir, 0777)==false) return false;
                      if(!is_writable($dir) && chmod($dir, 0777)==false) return false;
                      return true;

Clearly, it is looking to see if the directory exists and is writable; and if it isn't, then gantry will not operate correctly. First, 777 is a security risk and no directory should be set as 777. Second, if this is the thing that is creating all of the problems with gantry since 3.0.11 then something has to be done to avoid these special permissions issues, or at least, some documentation on what should be set on the server to avoid the problems. It seems like every single install of templates with gantry lately has been a problem.
    • Best wishes,
      Rae
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

• Hi Kat,

Sorry, I should have updated this thread. However, my last point does still apply. There needs to be a check point list for errors and solutions or something to tell us if/when server options need to be turned on for services to operate correctly for Gantry. I have had so many different issues with Gantry that I am growing tired. If there is a check point list and I've overlooked it, I would appreciate someone pointing it out to me.

Best wishes,
      Rae
    • Best wishes,
      Rae
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi rae,

i am writing up a troubleshooting tutorial at the moment, might be able to put it up here this evening or tomorrow. :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • yazo13

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • Dear Kat,
      I'm having the same issue but in another template, omnicron, would you please be so kind to share the solution,
      Thank you very much. :cheesy:

Solved!!
      change file permissions in root/administrator/cache not in root/cache
      thanks anyway!! :oops:
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 13 years 1 month ago
    • yazo13 wrote:
      Dear Kat,
      I'm having the same issue but in another template, omnicron, would you please be so kind to share the solution,
      Thank you very much. :cheesy:

Solved!!
      change file permissions in root/administrator/cache not in root/cache
      thanks anyway!! :oops:
      glad you got this sorted. :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • neiko
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Kat,

Im new to RocketTheme so please excuse my ignorance.. I have just installed Zephyr and the first thing I noticed is there were no menus. Then I noticed at the bottom of the Edit Template page its says "Cannot assign default template" (under "Menu Assignment").

I tried this fix "overwriting PHPQuery.php
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=33...v=viewtopic&start=45

Also made sure my permissions to the Template folder was 755/644 and the administrator/cache directory was also 755/644.

I also entered my FTP details, leaving 127.0.0.1 and I left the Root blank. Hopefully this is ok.

Unfortunately I still get the same results, i.e. no Menu items etc.

Can you help me pls?

Can you
    • neiko
    • Rocketeer

• Heres my debugging info..

Memory Usage
      11 queries logged

SELECT *
      FROM jos_session
      WHERE session_id = '7e60a3e1ff3b7e9ab62da0d214f1f238'
      DELETE
      FROM jos_session
      WHERE ( time < '1297859823' )
      SELECT *
      FROM jos_session
      WHERE session_id = '7e60a3e1ff3b7e9ab62da0d214f1f238'
      UPDATE `jos_session`
      SET `time`='1297860723',`userid`='0',`usertype`='',`username`='',`gid`='0',`guest`='1',`client_id`='0',`data`='R1Qd-wNCmsjFxcicEQ8b_mvcjyHLE-Vfi2IYI0uyj_h1sXVBJ6g8I18xrVuWePTZ8sS7vTrZ3TSh9hMo890kX2YJfr2QZWdC8I34ckRunn5Mo10NZfN5nqaeontaM7qjLo27igKU0oQbT1uMt1gvdDDbOMHxSfZFPkLjIm7ZDz9ozg7wJL9XB-2HJiDQ6OTbj2VXs57QbdLcvqeFKMXM2Xkq2BgV4nBHbfEF42JLUMhiiBxKMFlZ6nk48Zj9Oi0YOoeUUWS6F5aAwNHoeRRRLRmFFkpktWWIiiMr5T08RCNNtvKqkQ2gmGvwknBBQCZcBlBR-Zt3TIazJK4XDStn_qVpqpSS2K70YYtuN-uwLk6PQfE0MpTUaLK4LROR0GP3Q-UKDTQ172JHhe9cXS8H4YlcyIRYlT1rACO-s-9Sz_crJ47Ar0FFSHfKFDk8Z1bSRnJ0ZJhzowS_kbGif-kQDkSBTeMa7J-SBbXgcZRWgKl5anC-lCxWQ6fZ2rea8eaLogYt3eK6YodDB67s86A_tE4ba9Ag7323d66kkF4353FJ6bLhV5O88kWknD_5YcYQE5xICye7-mwjJsHOef-gXnhXVTCejGOsfarLB-eKKGj4eQV-d7QyT_e9K_-eCH0l7h_RlUYCkpuBWlIVR_v5Sh_tzg13e7WzznPSCiiAUkZE1gHRpd_bpivOnbTMlv3K-fEDUtE1hCK-io_kl-WDR-MiuVinMpgFTMs1Z8lCbVg9TlBciwfMQUfZK0cIYVCvmOKamtnePFvOzMx0_gwb7FR696QjdzhQ3Iq-g63oGnwcKTVYyvnE2qqOj3JSU5--Rj1kRSoaCA8_ZukAc4S_-wYyC5Ha2JDyRSm6moAmZJfW8JWZrXQVlTMatlEkA8sNBrynPVps-qpwaYhRB764tLuhZTLYvHn6pLgIVLNSSxekrJkf2CqgYQC3aCm0rnnXzPdz_Pv1Ckiwgb3TrkIFqJCLvqMJrBhTGZaFLilOfXBarXagF5RytEwf7pjA5ZczhvkFH7Uccva6UVAK9PgZdZI-ztU5VNoIHr-WA_TpX2FbkGRqLLwW5Vu4h2jGRBvWIQEQKcFouLNclqW0RBGCF1LcCC_PFPXUOXpordTVt_UBpBJtdEeLc4xdrAEZOnnsH26mooUJiSh3S7hTXTcduw1sCC9te_dy-yB85y1Dn1JEwIbuFbspMZ8WSRpisdq_PHdlV_Wz4DlXdExpXieSWw4iqJ3EBzo_OV1zDqJTEbtf5xSBWlXIZfx5hk9Rx8S0eriPTDf5ETx_FyU5mdH0mD7XVpetrM0i1BQA7O6vCjbbw9ap-P6Q1BalaoNL_mFAfuleq03DVLJ7LnFnF7ULue2IV4uJWNps6O4knZnIcQDD75W5v3RRl9PmwZTiwYxDYE-6npTf1piYyjXxuCkjuhd0um2cqIxiYqthWQsUGcbkYWKbwvVoXXDKZZVY_fRNpUJJjEd_yb5ucCo2S9BvNufW7Bkj4D2-LzODjEhHRGDskMe1Bqs3XFOk5h8xjjMxXE1sH6xiVDKI6xnZ52DlV8NmPV-WCf9e4CRAX941avyC2XA58wtG62NdgVeFhC7M'
      WHERE session_id='7e60a3e1ff3b7e9ab62da0d214f1f238'
      SELECT *
      FROM jos_components
      WHERE parent = 0
      SELECT folder AS type, element AS name, params
      FROM jos_plugins
      WHERE published >= 1
      AND access <= 0
      ORDER BY ordering
      SELECT m.*, c.`option` AS component
      FROM jos_menu AS m
      LEFT JOIN jos_components AS c
      ON m.componentid = c.id
      WHERE m.published = 1
      ORDER BY m.sublevel, m.parent, m.ordering
      SELECT template
      FROM jos_templates_menu
      WHERE client_id = 0
      AND (menuid = 0 OR menuid = 1)
      ORDER BY menuid DESC
      LIMIT 0, 1
      SELECT a.id, a.title, a.alias, a.title_alias, a.introtext, a.fulltext, a.sectionid, a.state, a.catid, a.created, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, a.modified, a.modified_by, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.publish_up, a.publish_down, a.images, a.attribs, a.urls, a.metakey, a.metadesc, a.access, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(a.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', a.id, a.alias) ELSE a.id END AS slug, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(cc.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", cc.id, cc.alias) ELSE cc.id END AS catslug, CHAR_LENGTH( a.`fulltext` ) AS readmore, u.name AS author, u.usertype, g.name AS groups, u.email AS author_email, cc.title AS category, s.title AS section, s.ordering AS s_ordering, cc.ordering AS cc_ordering, a.ordering AS a_ordering, f.ordering AS f_ordering
      FROM jos_content AS a
      INNER JOIN jos_content_frontpage AS f
      ON f.content_id = a.id
      LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS cc
      ON cc.id = a.catid
      LEFT JOIN jos_sections AS s
      ON s.id = a.sectionid
      LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u
      ON u.id = a.created_by
      LEFT JOIN jos_groups AS g
      ON a.access = g.id
      WHERE 1
      AND a.access <= 0
      AND a.state = 1
      AND (( cc.published = 1
      AND s.published = 1 ) OR ( a.catid = 0
      AND a.sectionid = 0 ) )
      AND ( a.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_up <= '2011-02-16 12:52:03' )
      AND ( a.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_down >= '2011-02-16 12:52:03' )
      ORDER BY f.ordering
      LIMIT 0, 9
      SELECT a.id, a.title, a.alias, a.title_alias, a.introtext, a.fulltext, a.sectionid, a.state, a.catid, a.created, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, a.modified, a.modified_by, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.publish_up, a.publish_down, a.images, a.attribs, a.urls, a.metakey, a.metadesc, a.access, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(a.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', a.id, a.alias) ELSE a.id END AS slug, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(cc.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", cc.id, cc.alias) ELSE cc.id END AS catslug, CHAR_LENGTH( a.`fulltext` ) AS readmore, u.name AS author, u.usertype, g.name AS groups, u.email AS author_email, cc.title AS category, s.title AS section, s.ordering AS s_ordering, cc.ordering AS cc_ordering, a.ordering AS a_ordering, f.ordering AS f_ordering
      FROM jos_content AS a
      INNER JOIN jos_content_frontpage AS f
      ON f.content_id = a.id
      LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS cc
      ON cc.id = a.catid
      LEFT JOIN jos_sections AS s
      ON s.id = a.sectionid
      LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u
      ON u.id = a.created_by
      LEFT JOIN jos_groups AS g
      ON a.access = g.id
      WHERE 1
      AND a.access <= 0
      AND a.state = 1
      AND (( cc.published = 1
      AND s.published = 1 ) OR ( a.catid = 0
      AND a.sectionid = 0 ) )
      AND ( a.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_up <= '2011-02-16 12:52:03' )
      AND ( a.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_down >= '2011-02-16 12:52:03' )
      ORDER BY f.ordering
      SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params
      FROM jos_modules AS m
      LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm
      ON mm.moduleid = m.id
      WHERE m.published = 1
      AND m.access <= 0
      AND m.client_id = 0
      AND ( mm.menuid = 1 OR mm.menuid = 0 )
      ORDER BY position, ordering

Language Files Loaded

* /home//public_html/language/en-GB/en-GB.ini 1