Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Tutorial - How to Add Custom CSS File

• Re: Tutorial - How to Add Custom CSS File

Posted 13 years 8 months ago
    • if gantry can't do this I will add it manually into the index.php.

I think it should be in future versions of gantry framework to be able to set the order of elements gantry puts in dynamically (JS,CSS,...).

• So far, I check the Gantry sites in my localhost, the css files are ordered alphabetically. Maybe you can rename the custom css file to zmycustomcss.css ?
      Could you please provide your website link so we can see it?

• sorry, site is still in dev and localhost.
      But alphabetical order cannot be correct or at least be coincidence, because:
      default rt crystalline rocketlauncher shows, after all zip and cache functions are turned off, this order:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_gantry/css/gantry.css" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_gantry/css/grid-12.css" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_gantry/css/joomla.css" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/rt_crystalline_j15/css/joomla.css" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/rt_crystalline_j15/css/overlay.css" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/rt_crystalline_j15/css/demo-styles.css" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/rt_crystalline_j15/css/template.css" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/rt_crystalline_j15/css/template-firefox.css" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/rt_crystalline_j15/css/style.css" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/rt_crystalline_j15/css/typography.css" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/rt_crystalline_j15/css/fusionmenu.css" type="text/css" />

Thanks a lot
    • Ruth
    • Rocketeer

Re: Tutorial - How to Add Custom CSS File

• I'm working with the straight gantry template - to build a custom version. I would like to accomplish two things - one - I would like to add a body background image vs. the color within the style chooser - The other, I would like to add a background image to the entire header which is the top rt.container.

I've added a custom style sheet and it's listed in the index.php of the template. Some small changes that I've made such as adding module styling have worked, but not adding the background image. I even went so far as to comment out the background color in Style1 which is my default and add it there as well as in my custom style sheet but no joy. (cleared the cache)

After reading this post I modified the mycustomsyle.php as custom.php and also modified the file to reflect that and loaded it just in case that might also help, but again no joy.

I haven't attempted the header image yet, but was trying to solve this first.

Any help would be much appreciated. There are just a few cosmetic changes and then this site is done and I can flip the IP.

Thanks in advance

Ruth
    • Ruth
    • Rocketeer

Re: Tutorial - How to Add Custom CSS File

• I was able to figure this out. I seem to have to edit the gantry style sheet for certain things and that worked.

• my problem is still not solved. any ideas? thanks

• Martin Tomczyk wrote:
      my problem is still not solved. any ideas? thanks
      Martin, I am sorry, but I would not consider this is an issue related to my tutorial. I just provided the way how you can add custom css to your Gantry site. I don't have idea how about re-ordering them. Could you please kindly open a new thread asking for this request about re-ordering the css file in your site?

• Ruth wrote:
      I'm working with the straight gantry template - to build a custom version. I would like to accomplish two things - one - I would like to add a body background image vs. the color within the style chooser - The other, I would like to add a background image to the entire header which is the top rt.container.

I've added a custom style sheet and it's listed in the index.php of the template. Some small changes that I've made such as adding module styling have worked, but not adding the background image. I even went so far as to comment out the background color in Style1 which is my default and add it there as well as in my custom style sheet but no joy. (cleared the cache)

After reading this post I modified the mycustomsyle.php as custom.php and also modified the file to reflect that and loaded it just in case that might also help, but again no joy.

I haven't attempted the header image yet, but was trying to solve this first.

Any help would be much appreciated. There are just a few cosmetic changes and then this site is done and I can flip the IP.

Thanks in advance

Ruth
      Hello Ruth,

Could you please open a new thread as this thread is just a tutorial how to "add" the custom css file but not how to "custom" the style? You may reply me back here with your thread and I will check to tweak or customize it

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds