Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Linking custom set of modules to color controls on Gantry

• David Paris
    • I run a web design and development company that helps small and medium sized businesses create and grow their online presence.

Linking custom set of modules to color controls on Gantry

Posted 13 years 11 months ago
    • Working on building custom template using Gantry.

I have created an additional set of modules and they are working as far as placement and control via the admin panel. What I am now trying to figure out is what files I need to edit in order to link these into the presets and color wheel so that I can control background, font and link colors from admin panel.

I have added the items into the XML file.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Linking custom set of modules to color controls on Gantry

• Oh that's a bit tricky, not something I can quickly answer. I'll have to writeup a tutorial on doing stuff like that on our new gantry website. I've added this to my advanced options task list.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• heh ... 2011? :cheesy:
    • David Paris
    • I run a web design and development company that helps small and medium sized businesses create and grow their online presence.

• Andy - Thanks... I look forward to the tutorial & you having the Gantry site up soon with documentation. Maybe I could get you to point me in the right direction in the mean time on what files I should be looking at.

Here is a little of what I know - (I am working under the assumption that I shouldn't need to edit anything outside of the template file to make this happen, am I making the right assumption here?)

In the Template Admin Panel > Settings - I have all core elements of the chooser showing and seem to work (BG Text LINK OVERLAY SHADOWS) param.ini file is updated with the settings on save or apply) however no changes to these elements appear on the front end.

Features - my module elements appear as an option in Position selector(changes are visible on front end.).

Layouts - Positions and scroller appear to be working and params.ini is updated on save (changes are visible on front end.).

Advanced - FORCE_POS & POS_COUNT save to params.ini as well (changes are visible on front end.).

I've added the following definitions to the en.GB.tpl_quasar_gantry_j15.ini file found in the admin dir for the template. So that they mirror what you are doing for similar sections.

SETTINGS=Settings
      CORE_CHOOSER=Core
      CORE_CHOOSER_DESCRIPTION=You can set the background color, text color, link color, overlay, shadow style, and header graphic for the Header section of the template

CORE_POS=Core Positions

I would send you a back-end link if I wasn't on a local server set up currently.

Thanks

Dave
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds