Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Radio buttons not showing in contact form in any gantry template (Joomla)

• Cyskye
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Radio buttons not showing in contact form in any gantry template (Joomla)

Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    • Hi,
      I found that radio buttons don't show in contact forms, so I was forced to add custom styling to let them show. This bug affects all temlates based Gantry because of a bootstrap-gantry.css styling.

I also posted this issue in github:
      github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2282

In the meantime, my solution was to add the following styling to my custom.scss and so it works:

.btn-group {
      font-size:inherit;
      }

fieldset.radio.btn-group {
      padding-left: inherit;
      }

.radio.btn-group input[type=radio] {
      display: inherit;
      }

.radio input[type="radio"] {
      float: left;
      margin-left: 0;
      }

Hope it helps.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Cyskye.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Radio buttons not showing in contact form in any gantry template (Joomla)

• Well you didn't post a link to the issue (on your site) so I could check so I can't really comment.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Cyskye
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Radio buttons not showing in contact form in any gantry template (Joomla)

• I found this issue on Gantry5 hydrogen template in localhost but the same issue is also in Rockettheme template (Joomla). I discovered this yesterday so it isn't online yet. I tested also in Denali Template (in localhost) and it has the same issue. I switched to Protostar Joomla default template and Radio buttons are showing correctly.

Steps:
      Contacts > Fields > choose "Mail" > Create Radio Button Field

In protostar: it shows
      In Gantry: it doesn't show
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• It shows for me?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Cyskye
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • Sorry, I meant in the frontend.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I provided a screenshot of frontend?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Cyskye
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I cannot provide them now because I cannot test it live, but I found it on localhost. Anyway, I've reported this bug on github here:
      github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2282
      ..and it has been set to "need testing".
      I posted to acknowledge you of this. Thank you :)

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds