Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Search Buttons don't work on Ipad and Iphone

• Search Buttons don't work on Ipad and Iphone

Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hi,

I'm using Gantry on Joomla 3.8.5. I have 7 websites using Gantry 4 and 5.

I wanted Joomla Search and Smart Search on my websites to work without the Search buttons visible.
      Apparently, when I disabled the Search buttons, the Search no longer works; ie when I entered a search text in the search box, it does nothing.

My workaround to resolve this is to enable the Search buttons, and hide them using css, ie to display none.

The workaround works on PC’s and laptops, but the search module does not work on Ipad and Iphone (I tested my websites on both Chrome and Safari). I am wondering if this is Gantry related, as all the search modules on my other sites, with non-Gantry framework, work on Ipad and Iphone. Here's a couple of my websites on Gantry 5 and 4, respectively:

cancer-cell-treatment.com (gantry 5)

mtmweb.biz (gantry 4)

Regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Search Buttons don't work on Ipad and Iphone

Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
    • I think you would be better off using rokajaxsearch which is deisgned for this specific purpose.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds