Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Read More open in same window

• A

SOLVED Read More open in same window

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • Hi,

I want to add read more button in article .After clicking on read more button it should open on same page.I am using jquery script for that but my jquery is not working.Please guide me how can I use this functionality.
      Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Read More open in same window

• Why do you need to use jQuery at all?

If you add a "system-readmore" link in the article and show the article using "blog" or "category blog" or "featured articles" then the readmore button will be added automatically and the readmore link will open in the same page.

Even if you coded your own read more button it will open in the same page unless your have specifically told it to do something different by changing target?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • A

• Hi
      I am using joomla particle to display article on home page with read more button.If I click on read more button ,it redirects me to joomla full home page.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• This is normal Joomla behaviour for "orphaned" or "menuless" articles. To get around this use the hidden-menu technique.

Create a MENU called "hidden" (no need to create a module to place it anywhere). In the hidden menu, create a MENU ITEM for each of the orphaned articles (single article type) and make sure these menu items are published. Now the hidden menu won't appear on any of your pages, but, the articles will now open in their own page. You can also use the same technique and create a hidden category blog menu item to pick up multiple articles too, thus saving having to create a hidden menu item for every article.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • A

• Hi,
      Sorry from myside,let me explain my problem.
      I am displaying two articles on home page with other joomla modules. To display an article I am using module partciles.With these both articles are displaying but I want read more button on both articles and it should open on home page only by clicking on read more button. Currently if I click on read more button it is redirecting me to full article on another tab.But I want it should open in same div if I click on read more button.Same way as we can do by jquery toggle button. Read more button should behave like toggle button.Please help me to solve this.
      Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That's not how it works. Any "link" (regardless of what it's linked to) will refresh the page and open in a new page (or refresh of same page). You cannot open more of the article in the same DIV because that will require javascript to implement to retrieve the rest of the article from the server. The rest of the article is not present in the page that renders with the readmore.

This is considered as a customization request which falls way beyond the scope of this support forum. You can always try to post your request in our The Marketplace forum and get (paid) support from someone that is willing to do this.

Regards, Mark.
    • A

• Hi,

Please guide me where can I place jquery .Currently I am putting it under custom folder but it's not working.
      Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You can put it anywhere you like (although /templates/TEMPLATENAME/custom/js is the recommended place) but that doesn't mean it will execute... You need to load it. You can do that on the "page settings" tab of the base outline. You can add it as an asset in the head tab, a JS asset or in a custom css/js atom.

Regards, Mark.
    • A

Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    • Sorry but what has this to do with your original topic question? You should raise new topics for new questions please to be fair to other members.

You menu is broken because of your own custom CSS (see screeshot).

If you want to alter the width of the offcanvas section the n you should do that on the styles tab of the base outline.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds