Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Call to a member function (get) fails

• SOLVED Call to a member function (get) fails

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • Running Joomla 3.6.5 and Gantry 4.3.4 with Nuance template 1.7.
      Site was running this AM but now get a blank page. With error reporting on, the message is:
      [type] => 1
      [message] => Call to a member function get() on null
      => /home/jgsny/public_html/libraries/gantry/gantry.php I am able to login to the backend. I reinstalled both gantry and nuance template, but no go. Live site is down and restore from Akeeba backup fails with various error messages. Site is on PhP 5.6. Could use help ASAP!! Thanks,[file] => /home/jgsny/public_html/libraries/gantry/gantry.php

I am able to login to the backend. I reinstalled both gantry and nuance template, but no go. Live site is down and restore from Akeeba backup fails with various error messages.

Site is on PhP 5.6.

Could use help ASAP!!
      Thanks,
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Call to a member function (get) fails

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • both Joomla and Gantry 4 are way out of date so you should bring them to current versions first.

Then, if still no good, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.
      Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Call to a member function (get) fails

Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    • I am getting similar error on an old site (ldandassociates.com) with Paradigm template.
      Just now getting back into web design after 2 years on a mission project.
      Here is the error: Error: Call to a member function init() on null: [] operator not supported for strings

Here is the current state of the website backend:
      PHP Built On Linux res140.servconfig.com 2.6.32-896.16.1.lve1.4.54.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 2 07:43:19 EDT 2018 x86_64
      Database Type mysql
      Database Version 5.5.5-10.2.33-MariaDB-log
      Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
      Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
      PHP Version 7.3.21
      Web Server Apache
      WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
      Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.9.22 Stable [ Amani ] 6-October-2020 15:00 GMT
      Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Call to a member function (get) fails

Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    • Emanuel Duncan - please don't post in dormant topics that are well over 2.5 years old or we might miss your post altogether.

You are using paradigm v1.1 which is eons out of date - so you should backup and update to v1.9 (latest). You will of course require a current subscription to be able to do this. This error only comes about because you have update PHP version and have not update the template too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds