Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Removing a particle from Gantry

• Removing a particle from Gantry

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • Hi there,

Im working in Xenon and I want to bring in the newsslider particle from Notio.

Pretty straightforward normally but the Xenon Template already has a newsslider particle (which I dont intend to use).

Ive tried just adding it to the custom side of things in the hope that the override would take precedence but that was a long shot and it wont compile.

Ive also tried to just remove the existing _newsslider.scss file from the rt_xenon/scss directory but that wasnt good either.

I assume that the existing particles are knitted in to some dependency structure which needs taken care of.

Is there any documentation regarding the correct way to remove a particle from a template in order to replace it?

thanks,

Paula
    • Do'er of stuff
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Removing a particle from Gantry

• If you copy the newsslider particle from notio it WILL take precedence over the existing particle within Xenon. But you do need to make sure that you are copying everything that the particle requires from notio

That will include:

newsslider.html.twig
      newsslider.yaml
      _newsslider.scss
      jquery.matchHeight-min.js
      jquery.mThubnailScroller.js
      owlcaoursel.js
      newsslider.init.js

plus all the variables and mixins used by the scss will need to be initialised and defined in your custom.scss as well as importing "dependencies" too.

Did you do all of that? If the scss won't compile then you didn't...

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you. Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Please reinstate everything that you deleted from Xenon too - that's a bad idea since any update to the template would reinstate them all anyway. You should never change or remove any original template files.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Removing a particle from Gantry

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply on a Sunday ;)

Ok knowing that the override should take an orderly precedence even in this case is reassuring.

Im pretty sure Ive done all the standard things correctly and Ive definitely taken care of all 7 files.

When you say,

"plus all the variables and mixins used by the scss will need to be initialised and defined in your custom.scss as well as importing "dependencies" too."

do you just mean adding the import statements to the custom.scss file?

ie.

@import "dependencies";
      @import "newsslider";

If so I have done this too.

Is there any error log that the compilation process generates?

thanks,

Paula
    • Do'er of stuff
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Removing a particle from Gantry

• When you press recompile button on base outline > styles the error message will (briefly) show in a yellow popup box - screenshot those and then you will know aht the error is - I guarantee it will be a missed variable definition or mixin that you need to add.

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you. also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Paula Livingstone

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds