Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Kraken Theme - Question re Video Particle

• Kraken Theme - Question re Video Particle

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Hi there,

I am trying to add an embedded video or a video URL link to kraken theme templay in Gantry 5 but I can't find the particle on the side where the particles site?

I am not sure if an video particle can be created so I can use in the page / template or do I beed to purchase a different template with video particle available

Can you please advise how I might be able to this

Thanks Chris
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Kraken Theme - Question re Video Particle

• You could just stick your embed code or <video> tag code into a Custom HTML Particle.

Or you can use a Video Particle from another Template... docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/copying-particles
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Kraken Theme - Question re Video Particle

• Thanks for the answer, I am very new to this.. I there any real basic tutorials or videos that might give me an exact step by step process so I could do this ? Thanks Chirs
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Kraken Theme - Question re Video Particle

• The link I posted will help you migrate the Video Particle from a template like Citadel to your current template.

YouTube provides Embed code that you can stick straight into a Custom HTML particle for all their videos

The <video> tag is what you'd use if you're hosting the file (recommend .mp4) locally ~ you would also insert this in a custom HTML module

www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_video.asp

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/particles/custom-html
    • Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds