Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 - Layout Customisation

• Re: Gantry 5 - Layout Customisation

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Hi Matt,

Sorry, I see where everything was getting confused.

I've been troubleshooting other issues on the Forum and obviously I haven't noticed when someone has added some new code in for me and I've duplicated in some places...

Right, so starting from scratch...I have removed all my Navigation styling code from the custom.scss file and the only code in there for the Navigation section is a solution from Mr. T for another issue.

I have gone into the Home - Positions Outline and set this styling for the Navigation section:
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I have also set the same styling in the Base Outline (which I can confirm, works on the Test Page I just created under HOME)...

But the Homepage doesn't show the styling, even though it appears in the inspection tool:
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Do you have any idea what's going on? I'm at a loss.
      Even if I add the colour styling back into my custom.scss file, it is still ignored by the homepage...

I hope I'm making sense with all of this - sorry to keep pestering you! :)

It's Friday afternoon here in Australia and I'm just about to finish for the day, plus we have a long weekend this weekend so I won't be back on for a couple of days.

Feel free to jump on my site with the details above and have a poke around if you feel that would be more worthwhile than me constantly confusing you! You'll see from the Settings in the Gantry 5 Admin for the Base and Home - Positions Outlines what I'm trying to achieve with my colouring...

Thanks for you patience and help so far - Enjoy your weekend! :)
      Sarah
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Gantry 5 - Layout Customisation

• Requiem has it's own styling for the Menu item... starting with Remnant you can specifically change the menu item color, hover color, background color from the styles tab... but prior to Remnant the menu styling was mostly set with CSS... so in your inspector, you're seeing you need to copy+paste the style that's winning and change the value...

.g-homepositions #g-navigation {
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Gantry 5 - Layout Customisation

• Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting back to me!

It would appear that I have to be even more specific than just the " .g-homepositions #g-navigation { " as that doesn't seem to be overriding the 'winner'.

I've inspected a little deeper into the page and found that a few levels up from the menu item element, the code that seems to be calling the shots is " .g-menu-item-container ".

I've simply just copied the sections of code I need from the _navigation.scss file and put them in my custom file.

Now I'll work on trimming them down and seeing which classes are the winners and which ones aren't needed as there are two full lines of classes just for one piece of " color" code.

I'll report back with my results for other users once I have my final answer.

Thanks again for your help!
      Sarah
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Gantry 5 - Layout Customisation

• Cheers :)
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds