Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Assignments Table Please?

• Assignments Table Please?

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • I'm getting to know Grav / Gantry 5 in a local environment. I understand how in the Gantry 5 admin panel one selects a particular Outline then can hit the Assignments tab to see what pages that Outline is assigned to.

Is there a way to do that in reverse? Select the Page then see what Outline it is assigned to? Or see a table of all pages and what their outlines are? (GRAV answers only please.) I see from a forum post a couple months ago that you can look at body classes on the front end code and one will identify the Outline for that page.

If no such functionality exists in the backend, consider this a feature request. In my mind it would be an Assignments button on the top bar (perhaps between Outlines and Positions), or available after clicking Outlines. It would look like the existing Assignments panel with page names but instead of an on/off toggle next to each page name, there would be either the name of the currently assigned Outline or a dropdown of all available Outlines to give it functionality.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Alternatively the info could be added to the Outlines panel. This could also help reveal inheritence and make the organization of a site more apparent. The pointless gray boxes in each Outlines block could be minimized or replaced by

Elements Inherited By
      - Other Outline 1
      - Other Outline 2
      - ... (a "more" link, understanding that for some outlines, this list could get long)
      Assigned To
      - Page

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

(Images above are photoshop fakes for illustration purposes.)
      Using Gantry 5.4.14, Grav v1.3.1 - Admin v1.5.1, Citadel v1.1.4
    • Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by DeLongDesign.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Assignments Table Please?

Posted 6 years 8 months ago

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds