Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Image Tab (practicals) vs Module Positions

Image Tab (practicals) vs Module Positions

Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    • I am a newbie when it comes to Joomla and setting up these tempaltes and I just wanted to know the advantage to Image Tab, such as in the Ambrosia tempalte instead of using module positions.

I find that its very simple to setup module positions but imagine tab requires a little more understanding, such as when using it with roksprocket.

I am refering to the home page of Ambrosia for this example

So what is the advantage, does it make the page load faster? does it resize better for other devices, what's the deal?
    • Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Image Tab (practicals) vs Module Positions

Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    • Particles are in effect like Joomla modules. They're just a chunk of functionality to do something on the page. Ok so what are the differences.

1. particle are easy to develop and code using TWIG and YAML. They much quicker and easier to write than PHP/javscript for modules.
      2. particles can be put inside a module "wrapper" called "Gantry 5 particle module" which means that they too can be assigned to module positions.
      3. Modules can be assigned to specific menu items.
      4. Modules can use Joomla ACL
      5. Particles can be put directly on the layout - therefore you can construct an outline (page) entirely from particles and be able to visually see what you are getting on the layout.
      6. particles work the same across all the Gantry 5 platforms (Joomla, Wordpress, and GRAV) making them easily portable between each CMS.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds