Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

TypeError: can't convert null to object - media/gantry5/assets/js/main.j​s

• Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

TypeError: can't convert null to object - media/gantry5/assets/js/main.j​s

Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    • Firebug Error on that web site when opening JCE Team mediabox modal windows (click on team photos)

neuromtl.com/en/about-us/our-team

—> /media/gantry5/assets/js/main.js?594526d0
      (Line 1, col 8206)
      TypeError: can't convert null to object

...dStyle(document.documentElement,""),e=(Array.prototype.slice.call(t).join("").ma...

Any Ideas ?

I remark that this error come in pair with

http://neuromtl.com/media/mod_pwebcontact/js/jquery.pwebcontact-legacy.min.js?v=3.4.2...

\TypeError: a(...).css(...) is undefined

...his);this.element.trigger("onLoad");if(a(this.options.selector+"_form input").cs...

• Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: TypeError: can't convert null to object - media/gantry5/assets/js/main.j​s

• We don't support third-party products. Obviously there is some sort of clash going on there that is breaking Gantry. I suggest that you disable PWEBCONTACT extension and clear server and browser cache and try again. Failing that - then contact the developers of JCE mediabox for assistance.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Yes, I take out all PWEBCONTACT modules and the pwebcontact went away but the gantry errors stay. At this point it’s obviously a problem between JCE Mediabox and gantry main.js.

I contact JCE.
    • Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer

• The JCE mediabox is not the problem

The problem is when I try to reach an article with the “?tmpl=component” indication in the URL to keep the article out of the normal structure. (Just Like all those Lightbox/Mediabox demand to do (for an article)

What I did to test
      • I create a “Test2” Menu going to a minimal “Test2” article —> neuromtl.com/en/about-us/test2
      • I take out All non-essentiel Module Assignment to it
      • I take out All Joomla article option to it

When I try —> neuromtl.com/en/about-us/test2?tmpl=component

I still get this error ?
      TypeError: i(...) is null

Around...
      return t=i(t)[0],this.forEach(function(e){t.appendChild(e)})},top:function(t){return t=i(t)[0],this.forEach(function(e){t.insertBefore(e,t.firstChild)})}}),

Coming from media/gantry5/assets/js/main.js
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Just because the error manifests itself in main.js does not mean that is the cause of the issue at all.

You are using v1.1.3 of the Isotope template - pleas eupdate to the latest v1.2.0 version as there have been changes to the way jquery is loaded and I can see on your page that jquery is being loaded multiple times at present.

Regards, Mark.
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: TypeError: can't convert null to object - media/gantry5/assets/js/main.j​​s

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • Yep You Right - I will update and check
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: TypeError: can't convert null to object - media/gantry5/assets/js/main.j​​s

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • Please let us know the outcome.

If your issue is now solved, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

If you can't edit the first post this will be because it is more than 7 days old, so please reply stating that the topic can be closed and a moderator will do this for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Patrick Toulze

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds