Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Does PHP version cause gantry error?

• shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

Does PHP version cause gantry error?

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • My website has a mirror. While my main site is running on php5.5.9(yes I got a message saying the PHP version is too low and unsurpported.), the mirror site is running on PHP7.0. On the mirror site, one of the pages is giving the following error:
      Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Gantry\Component\Whoops\Run::handleException() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given in /home/wm/public_html/libraries/gantry5/classes/Gantry/Component/Whoops/Run.php:75 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Gantry\Component\Whoops\Run->handleException(Object(Error)) #1 {main} thrown

However, on main site, the same page is good. I checked and confirmed that all files on both server have been synchronized. So I think this may have something to do with different apahce server setting, the biggest of which is the PHP version as I mentioned above. Also I was able to find this page: github.com/filp/whoops/issues/341 , it seems to me one of the components (whoop?) that gantry is using has some issue with PHP7.0, and its somehow fixed but I couldn't find the patch and even if I found it I wouldn't be sure about how to apply it to my website.

Please help with this issue:
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Does PHP version cause gantry error?

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • Is Gantry 5 and the template and joomla all on the latest versions on the PHP7 server?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds