Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How to save an atom and reuse it?

• shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

How to save an atom and reuse it?

Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    • I am not talking about the customized atom(the twig and yaml file), I am talking about an atom that you have already filled in something. See the picture below:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

These are the items I am gonna need with almost all of my projects. Every time I start a new project, I have to manully input all the 7 items again. There must be some way to save it and reuse it.

If I get it right, these user input informations of an atom is also saved in a file, but I can't find where the file is.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: How to save an atom and reuse it?

• pretty much everything in Gantry is saved in /theme/custom/config/

yay! no database :)

I think the only major thing in the CMS database (in Joomla and WP) is the outline ID... so with some stuff you do need to create a new Outline on your site and then modify the folder name and yaml file(s) within /theme/custom/config/ to have the new Outline ID... then drop your populated .yaml file with all your settings in place

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/moving-between-themes

settings import/export is getting more advanced in G5 soon'ish --

github.com/gantry/gantry5/wiki/Gantry-5-...tion-and-Time-Travel
      github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/218
    • Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I went through the config folder but couldn't find where my Atom is saved as well as other particles. Most stuffs I see is about the layout and "particle defaults".
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Everything is attached to an Outline and the Layout for that Outline... so your Settings for the Custom CSS/JS Atom live on whatever Outline/Layout you defined them on.

Get your Outline ID from Outlines Manager on the G5 dashboard... upper right of each Outline... then what your after should be in custom/config/[id]

If you want to write your own custom Atom you can look at the system Atoms in

\media\gantry5\engines\nucleus\particles\

analytics.yaml
      assets.yaml
      frameworks.yaml

... for some ideas...

Atoms are just Particles really...

But if you want to just load your Settings on your pre-saved Custom CSS/JS Atom then custom/config/ is the right place to look... you could either look at loading that as a Custom Outline from the same folder on other sites OR you may want to define a new Layout Preset with all your settings

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/creating-layout-presets
    • Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I found it. All the information I input into the "custom CSS/JS" atom is stored in theme/custom/config/default/page/head.yaml. However, in another scenario, instead of directly residing in the outline, the particle is in a module, and I can't find the file stroing my input. Actually I did a full text search from linux's terminal, the keyword being some unique string that I input into that particle, but there is no result. So is the particle in a module stored in database?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Joomla Modules are stored in the DB, yes... if that's what you mean "particle as a module"

ty for posting the location of the custom css/js output :)

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds