Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Internal Server Errors on Gantry 5

• SOLVED Internal Server Errors on Gantry 5

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Hi there,

Im experiencing a perplexing problem. I have 2 or 3 themes installed on a website. Several example pages are done with Hydrogen theme but main page is done with Isotope theme. If I move around frome sttings to layout and so on im getting internal server errors. Sometimes simply loading the page on the front end gives an internal server error or it might give an intenral server error just on one part of the page like the footer? Its really weird.

Ive printed a few lines below from the log. Any ideas whats up?

[Thu Feb 11 16:15:48 2016] [error] [client 94.192.80.178] (104)Connection reset by peer: FastCGI: comm with server "/dev/shm/filtonwe-php.fcgi" aborted: read failed, referer: www.filton-web-design.co.uk/administrato...5649e729fb87be7c77=1
      [Thu Feb 11 16:15:48 2016] [error] [client 94.192.80.178] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/dev/shm/filtonwe-php.fcgi", referer: www.filton-web-design.co.uk/administrato...5649e729fb87be7c77=1
      [Thu Feb 11 16:15:56 2016] [error] [client 94.192.80.178] (104)Connection reset by peer: FastCGI: comm with server "/dev/shm/filtonwe-php.fcgi" aborted: read failed
      [Thu Feb 11 16:15:56 2016] [error] [client 94.192.80.178] Handler for fastcgi-script returned invalid result code 1

Thanks.

Andy
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Internal Server Errors on Gantry 5

• Are you running PHP 7?

To check Ownership issues, which do you have ->
      Admin -> Site or System -> System Information -> System Information Tab->
      Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler -or- CGI / FastCGI?
      apache2handler is very problematic for Joomla.

Are you running server caching like (opcode cache) like Xcache, APC or eAccelerator?
  • Re: SOLVED Internal Server Errors on Gantry 5

• Checking the info on this now. I can say though that at present we are using php version 5.6.13. I think the server said a while back that mod security installed also when there were all those issues with vulnerabilities in php but i have no idea if that module is relevant. PHP information page gives a number of instances where apc modues like apc_sma_info, apc_store etc are mentioned but they are all under the 2 disable_functions columns. I will chedck this up with the host however to be sure and get back to you. Thank you.

Andy

• Ok we are running fpm-fcgi as web server to php interface.

Our php version is 5.6.13.

Server support say that API caching IS enabled but that it is not a problem to disable it if needed.

Thanks.

Andy
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

• Your errors look like a crash in PHP (a bug in PHP itself). We have got some random messages from PHP crashes with few latest versions, but I have yet not been able to track down what is causing it. I've also not been able to reproduce it.

Do you have opcache extension for PHP enabled? If you do, it would be helpful if you could temporary disable it to test out if the errors remain.
    • Gantry 5, enjoy!

• If I understand the php info page correctly i think opcache is disabled.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I wonder if the update to php 7 will fix it when it comes out.

Im getting the errors generated all the time. Its particularly prevelant on hydrogen theme but even in the back end sometimes i get them. And it can show in one single template or module position too where the rest of the page loads which ive never seen before.

Happy to give you a super admin account to test if you wish. Reload one of my example pages on the site a few times it will generate an internal server error for you guaranteed :)
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

• I'd be happy to look deeper into this issue, but I need an offline test site and ssh account to do so as what I'm going to do is to break it even more until I can track down the issue.

On the another note, please try latest CI build ( gantry.org/downloads#ci-builds ) if it fixes the issue -- I have done nothing to fix it, but someone reported that the issues are somehow gone after updating.
    • Gantry 5, enjoy!

• Thanks Matias,

I installed the file joomla-pkg_gantry5_develop.zip from that list.

I still have the same problems im afraid. As uusal it actually starts working ok but if i try to navigate around the gantry back end from layouts to settings or styles or whatever I get that rotating 'busy' circle which goes on indefinitely. Only way to get out of that is to refresh the browser which then takes me to the part of gantry which i clicked on but I then find the internal server error shows on the front end in some or other module or template position or the entire page. Usually the posiiton is the footer for some reason.

I will speak to the server boss..

Thanks

Andy
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

• I'm sorry that updating didn't help you. I guess the only way to track the issue down is to make duplicate installation to your server that I can play with without doing harm to the main site.
    • The following users have thanked you: Andrew Ellis

• Gantry 5, enjoy!

• Thanks Matias. The server boss has set up a ssh account for you for the domain but says she needs to whitelist your IP address in order for you to access it. Could you let me know what that is?

Thanks.

Andy

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds