Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla Myriad template

• Joomla Myriad template

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Very noobish question. I downloaded hte myriad template with Gantry, and it seems to be stuck on demo mode in gantry. For instance, under style it specifies "Demo style" and doesn't allow me to change the banner saying that I can only make it custom on my 'live site.' I', very confused. For starters, I would be very appreciative if someone could help me change the banner image.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Joomla Myriad template

• Hi Sam
      and welcome to the forums
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Sam Kater wrote:
      Very noobish question. I downloaded hte myriad template with Gantry, and it seems to be stuck on demo mode in gantry. For instance, under style it specifies "Demo style" and doesn't allow me to change the banner saying that I can only make it custom on my 'live site.' I', very confused. For starters, I would be very appreciative if someone could help me change the banner image.

Okay lets start from the beginning so we're on the same page when describing things.
      For Joomla 2.5.x and 3.0.x we offer 3 installation packages:
      1. RocketLauncher which contains:
      • the latest Joomla core installation
      • the template itself
      • a mix of Rockettheme extensions
      • the Gantry framework which is like the Control Panel for the template.
      Don't confuse the Gantry framework which is for our Joomla templates, with the actual Gantry template.
      This package needs an empty folder on your server. Use Cpanel to upload the ZIP file and extract out all the files or use an FTP client to upload all the extracted files from your local drive to the empty folder. This will get your Joomla core installed, the template and the Gantry framework. During installation choosing to install "Sample Data" will make the installed site look like the demo. However with our newer templates the "Sample Data" step is SKIPPED as it's automatically done for you.

2. Bundle
      • the template
      • the Gantry framework
      This package is used when there is a previous Joomla installation with a non-Rockettheme template installed. After installation you have the required template and the Gantry framework. No "Sample Data" is offered as your Database already contains site content information. There are no extensions offered with this package since they have to be installed in folders outside of the Rockettheme template folder.

3. Template Standalone
      • which is the template itself.
      This package is used when there is a previous Joomla installation with a Rockettheme template installed. Since Gantry would have been previously installed, it's only required to install the template (although upgrading to the latest Gantry is highly recommended). Again no "Sample Data" is offered as your Database already contains site content information and the same situation for extensions as the "Bundle".

So which one did you install?

Please see " Your Guide to Using the Myriad Template for Joomla "

Last, If this is a site that is online (just installed, dev or live) could you please supply a link in the Public or SECURE part of your reply so we can better diagnose the issue?
      It makes our suggestions more accurate if we see the actual coding of your site.
  • Re: Joomla Myriad template

• I installed "Myriad Template Bundled with Gantry" from rockettheme. So, that would be the bundle.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Sam Kater.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Sam Kater wrote:
      I installed "Myriad Template Bundled with Gantry" from rockettheme. So, that would be the bundle.

Try this -> Admin -> Menus -> Main Menu -> Home -> Page Display Options -> Browser Page Title
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • Hi Sam,

I am currently going through our old unanswered posts and was wondering if you still need help with this issue?

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds