Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

WP layout override changes in gantry 5

• Bob Jaffe
    • Jr. Rocketeer

WP layout override changes in gantry 5

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • I am used to gantry 4 and just started a website that runs off gantry 5 and had a question concerning a rather annoying problem I am running into.

In G4, the overrides for the layout functioned the same as the overrides for the styles and settings. if you created an override and placed a widget in a layout section, that would override the default layout, but if there was no widget placed in a section, that section would default to the default layout. for example, I want the menu, footer, and copyright to be the same on every page and post on the site so I fill the navigation, footer, and copyright sections with the respective widgits only in the default layout and leave them blank in all other overrides.

It seems in G5, overrides have been replaced with outlines, and widgits with particles, everything about this change is wonderful, and for the most part it functions in exactly the same way as G4, but for some reason the layout manager forces me to load the full default layout for every single outline. so if I have 15 pages each with their own special layout, and I wanted to change the menu buttons, or footer items that should be static sitewide, I have to go through and make the modification 15 times for each page.

This just doesnt seem right, am I missing something obvious?
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: WP layout override changes in gantry 5

• Bob Jaffe
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Wonderful thank you, I dont suppose you have a super rough estimate as to how long do you?
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Re: WP layout override changes in gantry 5

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Hi,

this function was the best thing on the gantry framework, and I really need it. It still isn't implenented?! Any idea when it is coming (for Wordpress)?

Thanks, Tanja
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Posted 8 years 2 months ago

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds