Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Mootools in Gantry 4/5

• paxman
    • Rocketeer

Mootools in Gantry 4/5

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Is Mootools still used in Gantry 5? Was there ever a version in Gantry 4 development where Mootools was no longer used?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Mootools in Gantry 4/5

• paxman wrote:
      Is Mootools still used in Gantry 5? Was there ever a version in Gantry 4 development where Mootools was no longer used?

Gantry 4 had to load Jquery because of Joomla issues. Gantry 5 doesn't Jquery load it at all. Mootools is called in Gantry 4 or Gantry 5 when an extension, such as RokSprocket, requires that library.
    • paxman
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks for that clarification. However, it's my understanding that the menu system in Gantry 4 also relies on Mootools, yeah? In the later versions of Gantry 4, the menu system is different (at least the mobile menu is different), so I am curious if these later builds of Gantry 4 still need to load Mootools (assuming no extensions such as RokSprocket are used).
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Off the top of my head I don't believe core Gantry 4 needs Mootools... I'm probably wrong... but I can't think of any core Gantry 4 functions that use it... however, all of our Templates need it in some way... the "To Top" smooth scroll is mootools... the simple counter on the Coming soon page is mootools... and I thought some of the dropdown effects in RokNavMenu were mootools too, but they *might* be all CSS in the later templates...

You could install the base Gantry 4 package with the default Gantry theme and see if it loads mootools as a test... I think most/all RocketTheme G4 templates will need mootools in some form or fashion tho
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds