Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 templates don't keep Style settings upon reload of admin panel

• Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Gantry 5 templates don't keep Style settings upon reload of admin panel

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Hello.

I seem to have experienced this problem on more than 1 site.

Essentially what happens is I go into the Gantry template's settings and change the style information, colors mainly.

Save and close.

The changes can be seen on the front end of the site. All is good.

However, if I come back to the Gantry template admin and styles tab it later on, some of the colors revert to their original template default values, and don't retain the settings I had set.

Atleast on my site, this is easily repeatable over and over.

Is this a known issue?

Also I am having trouble placing particles in the ATOMS section, specifically Google Analytics. It will place and save but again when I return to the Layouts tab later, it will be gone.

The site is www.slopeedge.ca
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 templates don't keep Style settings upon reload of admin panel

• hi there,

nice site! please feel free to post your super admin details into the 'secure' tab of the reply screen. then our team can take a closer look at your site.

can you also give some details about which color setting you change to what and in which one of the template outlines?

thanks, kat :)
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Kat05.
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 templates don't keep Style settings upon reload of admin panel

• Hi Kat,

I am running Callisto.
      The colors are being changed in the Default and the Frontpage outlines.

Colors such as text color, (for any of the positions). The checkbox in particular for the color setting for the header or navigation in will deselect when you return or reload the administrator panel.

Go ahead and change the colors all over, then Save and close. Return to the admin panel and you will notice most have reverted.

I did a site backup so I don't mind restoring once you are done, if needed.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi Kat,

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look into this? I don't want to leave backend access open for too long.

Thank you.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• sseguin wrote:
      Hi Kat,

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look into this? I don't want to leave backend access open for too long.

Thank you.

Your Admin password info isn't working for me. Could you please doublecheck them.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Here you go. Sorry about that.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• sseguin wrote:
      Here you go. Sorry about that.

No problem.

Okay I tried EVERYTHING including hooking up the kitchen sink to your admin page and I COULD NOT get this to unset.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I left it for you to view and see if you could unset it. The original colour was #878787.
      The text is at the bottom of your Front page.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks Dan. Very odd. It does unset for me. Try with the default template settings. Either way another example of stuff becoming unset is if you place a Google Analytics atom in the Atom CSS section of the layout. Save and go to another page, then return to template manager and layout and it will be gone. Same for other layout positions too on occassion, but the Atom one seems to be consistent.

Also, the check box for the colour on Navigation style (I believe background) will deselect when you return after saving and then going to another page.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I've played around with it more.

What I have noticed is that if you put particles or module positions down in the layout tab, and then save and go back to the rest of the joomla admin and return they will have dissapeared. However if you close entirely the browser, then open the browser and return to the layout they are there. So it would seem like a caching issue with the browser for some reason.

The worst part is if you forget to close the browser when you go back into the layout, styles or anything in Gantry 5, and mistakenly click Save, you will loose the recent additions or changes. So for now my solution will be if I make changes, to save, and if I have the intention to return, to exit the browser and reopen it.

Is this a known issue? I am experiencing it on the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• sseguin wrote:
      What I have noticed is that if you put particles or module positions down in the layout tab, and then save and go back to the rest of the joomla admin and return they will have dissapeared. However if you close entirely the browser, then open the browser and return to the layout they are there. So it would seem like a caching issue with the browser for some reason.

Lets establish a common scenario so we're in sync with our testing procedure.

So:

- duplicate the Default Outline to a new Outline -> Requiem-RTtest
      - In Requiem-RTtest -> Layout Manager -> Footer Section -> add a new row -> place the Date particle there

Now you have to fill in the rest of what you do so I can duplicate exactly what you do.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds