Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry incompatible with JQuery Mobile

• SOLVED Gantry incompatible with JQuery Mobile

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Is there any known incompatibilty problems with Gantry and JQuery Mobile?

I'm re-developing a website on Joomla 3.4.3 using the Lumiere Template and Gantry 4.1.29
      For some, but not all, pages I've included jquery mobile 1.4.5

When moving from a page that has jquery mobile loaded to another page (either via menu or hyper link) the new page loads a blank screen. The HTML is there it's just not displaying until I refresh the page.

Thanks,
      George
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry incompatible with JQuery Mobile

• You're probably getting an error - look in browser console and apache error log and set error level to "maximum" in global configuration.

Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry incompatible with JQuery Mobile

• I did check the browser debugging (FireFox & Safari) and neither reported errors.
      Also maxed out on Joomla & PHP debugs and got nothing which is why I turned to the forum.

I've include details in secure area for you to see for yourself and access the admin panel.

Thanks for responding Mark!
      MrT wrote:
      You're probably getting an error - look in browser console and apache error log and set error level to "maximum" in global configuration.

Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I turned off "page transition" in template manager and that seems to have resolved the issue. I think it's a timing issue with your bespoke component...

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks Mark for taking the time to look at this.

It's better in that the page contents appear but it's still broken.
      On first inspection I thought it was isolated to JQuery mobile not working on the newly loaded page.
      However trying other pages I see some CSS styling not being rendered from a .css file I created that has nothing to do with JQuery Mobile.

I'll include the steps for reproducing this in the secure section.

When you say "a timing issue with your bespoke component" what do you mean?

Thanks again,
      George
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by George M. Taylor.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Honestly I have no idea why that is happening - but as it's all bespoke code I can't really help much further - I don't think this is anything to do with RT products.

Regards, Mark.

• That's a shame, if RT/Gantry doesn't work with JQuery Mobile then I need to shop around for alternative templates.
      I'm a website developer who recently started using RT templates and plugins.
      That website isn't the only one I'm writing bespoke components for using JQuery Mobile.
      This is a game changer for me I'm afaird.

Is there any way to log this as an issue so that your developers might look at it?
      I see you sell support packages at $79 a issue.
      I don't want to spend more money on RT if it's a dead end, might as well cut my losses now.

Thanks for the help and taking a look at it Mark it was appreciated!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I don't know that it's jquery mobile that's the issue or whether it's your code. If you want a developer to look then you can purchase premier support incidents. They will assist if it's related to RT products but they don't undertake custom development. If they can't help then I am sure they would refund the premier support fee. It may be worth you sending an email to "support" by using the contact us button below - they will be able to advise if they can help.

Regards, Mark.

• I've not modified either JQuery Mobile or the RT Template/Gantry. There's no bespoke CSS or other Javascript.
      So it's definitely an incompatibility problem with JQuery Mobile and Gantry, or RT's Javascript libs.
      I'll send an email to support like you suggested.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I thought you were writing a component? That certainly appears to be the case when I look at those pages - the content is all coming from your own bespoke component? But, I'm sure support will be abvle to advise you.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds