Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Menu, only 2nd level for each entries

• Beginner
    • Rocketeer

Menu, only 2nd level for each entries

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Dear all,

do we have the possibility to use only one menu entry on each module positions but only the 2nd level?

My intent is to have a main menu (on top menu), but also I plan to use only the 2nd level in different module positions like a tile for each menu entry of the 2nd level.

If possible, thanks a lot for all hints in advance.

Regards

PS: I think opened the post in a wrong category, should be Gantry for Joomla
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Beginner.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Menu, only 2nd level for each entries

• Hi there,

That approach will cause you all sorts of problems for users with phones as the modules will likely be below the main body.

My advice is to use the Main Menu but in the template set to splitmenu. This will do as you want in terms of levels and keep phones happy. Downside is that the submenu item module will only be viewable when top-level item is selected.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Beginner
    • Rocketeer

Re: Menu, only 2nd level for each entries

• Hi David,

thank you for your reply.

In this case we have to publish all subpages in the main menue, I think so we can use the tiles any way? If the media switch to a smaller width, so the main menue can be used for all members (also phone) and the tiles are also viewable?

Could this works?

Regards
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Beginner.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds