Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 and HTML5 Video

• YES
    • 100%
    • NO
    • No votes
    • 0%
  • Total number of voters: 1 ( Stan Sacha )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • SOLVED Gantry 5 and HTML5 Video

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • With all the hard work and new features of Gantry 5, I'm sure you guys would love to take a very long nap. But, of course, I won't be helping that happen with this post. *wink*

Would love to see incorporation of HTML5 video elements to the new Gantry 5 Joomla templates, such as was in Lumiere. I'm getting a big call from clients like schools who want to see this (e.g. www.tkc.edu ). From what I'm reading, it's more complex than just what you display on a laptop or desktop. You don't want to display it on mobiles because it's a battery killer. More logic, more complexity. I've read all the posts here and elsewhere, but I'd really like to see this as a standard feature instead of a custom coded thing.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 and HTML5 Video

• We'll be adding the ability to have a section boxed or fullwidth soon. You can add html5 video tag in a custom html particle. You can adjust the positioning of the video using custom SCSS. So you can do it now anyway - but maybe a future Gantry 5 template will have this feature too "out of the box" - we'll have to see.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Stan Sacha

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 and HTML5 Video

• Thanks Mark. Awesome as always.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Stan Sacha.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds