Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Remove side bar on blog posts

• Remove side bar on blog posts

Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
    • I am looking for a way to remove the side bar from category posts. The problem is, the client wants the sidebar on the category page, which lists the individual posts as excerpts with Read more links, but does not want the sidebar on the individual post pages.

I know I can dictate this on the category menu item but cannot do so for the individual posts that way.

I tried creating a template override but could not see where the side bar is being called in the blog.php or blog_item.php.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am using Gantry 4.1.28 in Joomla 3.4.0.

Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Remove side bar on blog posts

• I would suggest you look at "Advanced Module Manager" from NoNumber it will give you a lot more control over what does/does not show on your pages.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Remove side bar on blog posts

• Thank, Mark. I have heard of this extension and finally tried it. Worked just fine.

I think I will still research the template override possibility as well.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by JJ Spelman.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Remove side bar on blog posts

• I suggested the best solution. The alternative is to use the hidden menu technique which, given you already have a category level menu item, won't work very well.

The are alternatives to AMM but you will not achieve what you want through overrides - this is how core joomla works.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds