Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

I am new to joomla cannot get sample data onto the site.

• I am new to joomla cannot get sample data onto the site.

Posted 9 years 1 day ago
    • Hi I recently bought the oculus template and have been feverously trying to upload the sample data from the demo.

I want my basic site to start off looking like the oculus demo. How do i do that?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: I am new to joomla cannot get sample data onto the site.

Posted 9 years 8 hours ago
    • The way to get sample data is to use the rocketlauncher package. You do not install this in an existing joomla installation. The package installs joomla, gantry, rt extensions, template and sample data all in one go. http://www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/platform/templates.md#how-to-install-a-joomla-template

For Joomla 2.5/3.x we offer 3 installation packages:

1. RocketLauncher which contains the latest Joomla core installation, the template itself and the Gantry framework which is like the Control Panel for the template and a mix of Rockettheme extensions.
      This package needs an empty folder on your server and you will get your Joomla core installed, the Gantry framework and the template. During installation choosing to install "Sample Data" will make the installed site look like the demo. However, our newer templates will install this automatically for you.

2. Bundle which is the Gantry framework and the template itself.
      This package is used when there is a previous Joomla installation with a non-Rockettheme template installed. After installation you have the required the Gantry framework and the template. No "Sample Data" is offered as your Database already contains site content information. There are no extensions offered with this package since they have to be installed in folders outside of the Rockettheme template folder.

3. Template Standalone which is the template itself.
      This package is used when there is a previous Joomla installation with a Rockettheme template installed. Since Gantry would have been previously installed, it's only required to install the template (although upgrading to the latest Gantry is highly recommended). Again no "Sample Data" is offered as your Database already contains site content information and the same situation for extensions as the "Bundle".

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds