Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokCommons Crashing Site

• Re: RokCommons Crashing Site

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • Hi,

Can you please make a full backup of your site - files + database and provide your FTP login credentials so I could investigate the issue ?

Thanks,
      Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: RokCommons Crashing Site

• Sure, thank you for your help. I don't use an FTP. I just use BlueHost. Should I give you my username and password for that?

• BlueHost is your hosting company and FTP is a protocol used for sending files to your server. Please login into your BlueHost panel and check the FTP login details as I need to connect to your server and be able to modify the files.

Thanks,
      Jakub
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• The site is all backed up!
    • Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Stu.
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• How did the FTP work?

• Hi,

Thank you for the FTP details. Looks like something in one of RokSprocket items was causing your site to loop. This was an item that used the "WordPress" as a provider and tabs layout. After deleting it, your site started to work just fine. This could be caused ie. by too generic filters for the WordPress items ie. all posts that are published. I think that it would be good if you could limit them to a specific category or creation date etc.

Thanks,
      Jakub
    • The following users have thanked you: Stu

• Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Jakub,

Thanks for your help! I'm a little unclear about what you wrote, " limit them to a specific category or creation date etc." Are stating I can't have multiple posts in deifferent categories in general? Are that I can't have multiple posts in different catgeories when I use a roksprocket?

And what about the slideshow that doesn't look like the demo? Do you see how theres this space between the images and the rest of the page? In teh demo, there isn't any space.

-Stu

• Hi,

Yes you can use different categories, but limiting the RokSprocket search for the content is usually a good practise because when you have categories with a huge amount of posts, they all need to get read by RokSprocket and parsed. You can ie. set the posts to be loaded from multiple categories but also add another filter that would say that the posts were made by certain author or in last 30 days. This is to save up the resources and narrow down the search results.

Regarding the slideshow - your images are 500px heigh and they should be 550px or more.

Thanks,
      Jakub
    • The following users have thanked you: Stu

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds