• Sr. Rocketeer

RokCommons Crashing Site

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)BLUE HOST
      PHP versionWP: 4.1.1
      Platform (name and version)Gantry for WP, latest version
      Template/Extension (name and version)Curelean, latest version
      Link to the Issue http://www.alpenglodesigns.com/

Ok so I did the "define('WP_DEBUG', true);" in my wp-config.php file and the following line popped up when I tried to load the homepage:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home2/stueast1/public_html/alpenglodesigns/wp-content/plugins/wp_rokcommon/RokCommon/Filter/Type.php on line 97"

This is the second time I've encountered a site-crash due to one of the Rok pluggins...I'm considering deleting it but I don't know how important it is....any suggestings?
    • Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Stu.
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: RokCommons Crashing Site

• Ok, so I just tried this method....no luck.
      DanG wrote:
      Hi MetaBoy
      Can you try this on your MAMP.
      1. Back up the DB
      2. Backup /media/rokgallery folder
      3. Uninstall RokGallery
      4. Uninstall RokSprocket
      5. Re-install RokGallery
      6. Re-install RokSprocket

NOW, I'm getting the error message in the photo below.

I could REALLY use some help here RocketThemes!!! Afterall, you guys made, packaged, and sold me this stuff and now I've once again wasted lots of time trying to fix it like a shot in the dark. VERY annoying!
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Stu, moderators and administrators
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Please update to RokSprocket v2.1.4 -> http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla/extensions/roksprocket

This has been fixed:

• Joomla Content Filter Rules - "Tags" selector is missing
      • Tags in mosaic layout have stopped showing in roksprocket 2.1.3
      • Error: 0 - The parameter "roksprocket.providers.path" must be defined.

Please update to RokGallery 2.31 -> http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla/extensions/rokgallery

This has been fixed:

Release Notes - RokGallery Extension - Version 2.31 - 2015-03-04 - Improvement
      • included new rokcommon version 3.2.0

Release Notes - RokGallery Extension - Version 2.30 - 2015-02-25 - Improvement
      • New installer script for J3.4 compatibility
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Dan,

I'm using Wordpress. Not Joomla.

And I have the latest versions. I downloaded them directly from here: http://www.rockettheme.com/wordpress/plugins

Any other ideas?

Thanks you for your help. I really appreciate it because this is really annoying.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Stu wrote:
      Dan,

I'm using Wordpress. Not Joomla.

Doh...I shouldn't answer posts late at night. Looking at your your 1st post, this ""Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home2/stueast1/public_html/alpenglodesigns/wp-content/plugins/wp_rokcommon/RokCommon/Filter/Type.php on line 97""
      indicates your exhausting your PHP memory. Can you increase it to 256M and see what happens.
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• No worries.

But regarding your last post, I need a little more explanation because I'm still relatively new to design work--what do you mean increase your PHP memory? How would I do that? Through my host, Blue Host? Just call them up and say, "Hey, could you increase my memory?"

Thank you!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Stu wrote:
      No worries.

But regarding your last post, I need a little more explanation because I'm still relatively new to design work--what do you mean increase your PHP memory? How would I do that? Through my host, Blue Host? Just call them up and say, "Hey, could you increase my memory?"

Thank you!

Thats one solution. Check this out first -> http://docs.woothemes.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Found it! But this is interesting....have a look at the photo.

According to this, my limit is at 400m...? Am I missing something here?

And any idea why it's so high to begin with?

Well, now when I visit my site http://www.alpenglodesigns.com/ , I get this error message...

"No RokGallery has ben Selected

Fatal error: Call to a member function load() on a non-object in /home2/stueast1/public_html/alpenglodesigns/wp-content/plugins/wp_rokgallery/views/widget/default.php on line 9"

...And that's following the uninstall and re-install of Roksprocket, RokCommons, and RokGallery without changing the PHP memory limit.

What's next?
    • Stu
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• STRIKE THIS MESSAGE - GO BACK TO ONE BEFORE

UPDATE

I saw in another post, that someone manually changed the names of Rokcommon, RokGallery, and Roksprocket in the "File Manager" of their host. And then once they could get back into the site, they went back and changed the names back to their originals. I just tried this...and with those three plugins names' changed, The home page pulled back up with a series 20-30 lines of code above it. But underneath that, was the homepage, exactly how I left it last!!!

Upon changing the names of the plugins back to their rightful names, I get the following (see photo OR visit alpenglodesigns.com ).

Now I'm getting my content to pop up without the rest of the theme. And the following error message...

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home2/stueast1/public_html/alpenglodesigns/wp-content/plugins/wp_rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/Container/Builder.php on line 0

What the hell is going on? : )

STRIKE THIS WHOLE MESSAGE---I just noticed in the pluggins that the RokGallery was not "activated." I activated it, and now I'm back to the second error message again in the post before this one.

Fatal error: Call to a member function load() on a non-object in /home2/stueast1/public_html/alpenglodesigns/wp-content/plugins/wp_rokgallery/views/widget/default.php on line 9

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds