SOLVED Can layout widths change dependent upon mediaqueries

• eRimkus
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Can layout widths change dependent upon mediaqueries

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Joomla 3.3.6
      Gantry 4.1.26

URL: bit.ly/1v2lRaC

Is it possible to have the module layout width change to another layout with a smaller screen width? In other words, can the Roksprocket module use visible-desktop for >960px and have a setting in the Feature layouts be 8|4 for 2 modules, roksprocket and a custom html module, on that row. Then, for visible-tablet have a layouts setting of 6|6 for 2 modules, roksprocket and a custom html module, on that row?

Thanks in advance
      Ed
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by eRimkus.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Can layout widths change dependent upon mediaqueries

• no, sorry.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • eRimkus
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I didn't think so, but no harm in asking. No worries, thank you Mark for the quick reply.

I'll take a different tactic then. I made a new module position for this site already and made it tie into the layouts etc. in the gantry backend. If I add a few more module positions, one for each of the needed variations on layout widths for the modules I need, I can put the mediaqueries to work with visible-desktop etc. to acheive the same goal of having two modules, a slideshow and custom html module, with changing layout widths for the different screen widths. 8|4 for desktop and 6|6 for tablet for example.

There is a post in the documentation on how to add a module position and tie it into everything in the gantry admin:
      http://gantry-framework.org/documentation/joomla/customize/

From adding the module position, I learned the name of the module position must be unique and cannot simply be the name of another exiting module with a number added to the end, like top2. At least it did not work for me.

Thanks again
      Ed
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by eRimkus.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok but don't forget that it going to give you a really heavy page to download though since all possible formats of your modules and positions are all going to be downloaded to the browser (even if you hide some with media queries).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • eRimkus
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Got it. Great point. I'll rethink it.

Thanks Mark, that's great advice.

Have a great weekend,
      Ed

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds