Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Revisit: Where are the missing Google fonts?

• SOLVED Revisit: Where are the missing Google fonts?

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Lest anyone else be led astray by
      http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-solved-threads/126928-solved-where-are-the-missing-google-fonts

Let me point out that the methods detailed there do not apply to Gantry 4.x, even if you are on Joomla 2.5. (I know. It's a 2+ yr old thread. But it fooled me with "Solved".) If the admins could add the info below to the above thread, it might help someone.

webfonts.php no longer appears to exist in Gantry 4.x. The default elements affected by a Google Web Font selected in Template Manager are only h1 and h2. (An edited template copy of webfonts.php used to be a way to add more elements in the custom font.)

Read and follow the Gantry-framework.org documentation on Adding a Custom Font.
      http://www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/joomla/tutorials/custom_font.md

I skipped the part about putting files in templates/.../fonts, selecting the font through the Template Manager instead. I added the web font to my Main Menu (the look I was going for) by putting one line of css in a custom css file as detailed on Gantry documentation:
      .menutop li .item { font-family: 'Michroma', 'Helvetica', arial, serif; } 
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by DeLongDesign.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Revisit: Where are the missing Google fonts?

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • That has been done. But I would recommend you look at the age of topics before acting on the content - 3.5 years ago is a long time in the IT world... things move on very fast.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds