Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Recurrence of RokSprocket Slideshow 'jumping'

• Millidge
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Recurrence of RokSprocket Slideshow 'jumping'

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • This is an issue I've solved on various other sites that I've designed in the past, but after upgrading to Joomla 3.3.3, the 'jumping' has reoccurred. Either that or no one noticed it before now, which is highly unlikely.
      This is the website: www.karontherapies.co.uk
      The initial slide loads fine, but each of the other four slides start from about two-thirds down the image area and 'jump' up, instead of a smooth crossfade as before.
      Is there an easy CSS fix?
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Millidge.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Recurrence of RokSprocket Slideshow 'jumping'

• I tested in the latest versions of Chrome, Mozilla, IE, and Safari from a Windows 7 machine and I don't see the issue...

There were patches for Metropolis and Kirigami (maybe Ximenia?) applied previously in template updates for the issue you're describing... but I haven't seen any reports for Afterburner 2
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Millidge
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi Matt, thanks for the speedy response.

I can see the behaviour I've described on my Windows 7 machine in Chrome, IE, Safari and Firefox. I also checked on a Nexus 7 tablet using Chrome. I can check on a laptop later. It's a little more apparent in larger screens, but even if you reduce the window, there's a definite 'jump' rather than smooth fade as it was previously.

I managed to get a screen cap of the intermediate stage, attached. It pretty much goes from a full slide, to this, to the next slide.
      Could it be related to graphics card speed, perhaps?

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Millidge.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• hrm... trying clearing your joomla system caches just to be sure.. I'll see if anyone else can reproduce...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Millidge
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• That was the first thing I did after upgrading to 3.3.3 ... I have just done so again and the issue appears to be even more pronounced.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Ok, I can see it now as well...

I see you're also running the 1.0 version of Afterburner2 -- please upgrade to the current version, 1.2, clear caches and test... 1.2 has serveral javascript fixes.

www.rockettheme.com/joomla/templates/afterburner2

you simply download the standalone version of the template and install it via the Template Manager like normal... you'll get an "upgraded" message upon completion
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: Millidge

• Millidge
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Great, thanks Matt. I'll have to try that out next week, and I'll report back. I really appreciate all your help.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• //moving to 'Free Joomla Stuff' Forum
    • Millidge
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I upgraded the template, which was very easy, cleared Joomla and browser caches...but the issue still persists.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I feel like I checked earlier... I'm on my phone right now... do make sure RokSprocket is up to date as well

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds