Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Responsive Screen sizes

• SOLVED Responsive Screen sizes

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • I am Running Joomla 3.3.1 and Gantry Default 4.1.2 and I have a problem with page widths.

If I access site with www.domain.com I get rt-container set to 960 width, if I access without the www. the I get 1200 width

Can anyone explain this please
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Responsive Screen sizes

• Please don't post question in "member submissions" (that's for showcasing your site build with RT products). I will move this post to the correct forum - Gantry.

Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Responsive Screen sizes

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Clear your browser cache. I checked www and non-www and they are identical in every way.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Responsive Screen sizes

• Many thanks working now but this is what I had to do.

Cleared browser history ( in Chrome ) - still not working correctly.

Cleared browser history using 3rd party product - still not working correctly.

Saved all the Chrome installed information, uninstalled Chrome

Installed fresh version of Chrome everything now working OK

Obviously something was going wrong with the Chrome browser so Gantry not the problem

Will go through the Saved info from Chrome to try and find out why it happened.

Many thanks for your help and advice, much appreciated.

Dave
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• perhaps you had some cookie that needed clearing too (clearing cache won't do that). Or perhaps you had some plugin active in Chrome?

Anyway - glad you fixed it.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds