• Home button icon issue

Posted 9 years 9 months ago
    • Hello,

My setting:
      joomla 2.5.22
      Gantry v 4.1.24
      template ximenia 1.4
      RokNavMenu 2.0.7

I'm not sure but I think since I lately updated gantry I have an issue with my home icon in the main menu.
      It is not shown anymore, instead I get an symbol showing "" in firefox. When I use IE or Chrome, the homee button is completly emtpy.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you in advance!
      Michael
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Home button icon issue

• Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Home button icon issue

• Of course :-)
      I posted the URL in the secure area.

Regards, Michael
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• It's working fine for me in firefox? Clear your browser cache.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I've tried to clear the browser cache, but it makes no difference. As I wrote, other browsers have the same problem with different behavior.
      I also tried it on three other devices - two windows clients and an android tablet with many different browser (IE11, firefox, chrome, opera, galaxy browser). On none of these the home icon was displayed.

Firefox:
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

IE11:

Chrome:
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So, I test again in all the major browser and it works fine - see screenshots. SO I concluded it could only be that the font was no being loaded (but the font is present on my PC). Sure enough, when I checked your site the fontawesome font is not being loaded (there is no @font-face definition) - in fact there is no master.css file being loaded at all? Do you know why this might the case?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.
      Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.

• Concerning your questions - I did not really change something to the standard installation.
      For your help thank you in advance. All information you need see the secure tab.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You're on ximenia 1.4 - please update to V1.7 (backup first!)

Regards, Mark.

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • I know, and that's my next problem, I have no access to the upgrade file. My membership has expired, and as we are just a hobby ice hockey team we have no budget for renewing it. I'm not really happy about that situation that I can't get the latest bug fixes for the template I bought with my membership...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Your membership expired a year ago. We now have new subscription model that allow you to subscribe for a single template (cheaper than joining whole joomla club). New releases are only available to currently subscribed members.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds