Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry and Google Webfonts

• Gantry and Google Webfonts

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • Hi Folks,

I am just wondering how the google webfonts are exposed to gantry - via the google webloader or directly ?

Essentially I want to use 3 or 4 google font varents within a site - should I stick css sheet like this being loaded (I assume I can add this via the index.php)
      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Font+Name:params|font+two:params">

Or can I use the webfonts option within the gantry backend ? At present it seems to only load one font at a time, and that from a smaller list than the font directory offers!

Am I going about this the wrong way ?
    • Currently trying to persuade the following to play nicely;

Joomla 1.5.10
      Virtuemart 1.1.3
      Perihelion Template
      vm_mynxx virtuemart template

Website (in progress); jobeky.myzen.co.uk
  • Re: Gantry and Google Webfonts

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • +1 on this topic.

Can an RT developer comment on this, please?
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Gantry and Google Webfonts

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • Actually we have a little script that grabs the list of google fonts, and creates the array that we use in the framework.

Basically there are two files:

<joomla>/libraries/gantry/admin/forms/fields/fonts.php

and

<joomla>/libraries/gantry/features/webfonts.php

The actual output is controlled in this last webfonts feature. If you want to add your own fonts specifically, i suggest you override this webfonts.php feature in your template by copying webfonts.php into your template's features/ folder, and then just adding some new references for the other fonts you want.
  • Re: Gantry and Google Webfonts

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Is this altered in some way for Gantry 4.1.26 for use with J! 3.3? I only see a font.php file, no webfont.php.

I want to use Montserrat for H1/H2s, and Open Sans for body.

Might be a little hamfisted but can I add a hardcoded link to the second google font around line 114? Should I just resort to adding the link to the head in index.php?

<link href=' fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans ' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds