Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Google tag manager - again

• Google tag manager - again

Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    • So I have a site that I was trying to add google tag manager to
      Finally managed to get it on there and seemed to be working ok - except now the CSS seems to have gone haywire
      After speaking with the guys at our hosting company they seem to think there is some sort of clash with the way gantry compiles the CSS:

I have disabled .opcache, though it does appear that the issue persist and requires a constant clearing of the /wp-content/cache folder as well. This is most likely caused by the following functionality :

Code:
      /wp-content/themes/g5_helium/custom/css-compiled/helium_products.css?ver=59c90b4c

As you can see in the example above, the theme is trying to generate a compiled CSS under :

Code:
      g5_helium/custom/css-compiled

Which it does, however the application when trying to load that file calls it from cache instead of the actual location of the file :

Code:
      wp-content/themes/g5_helium/custom/css-compiled/helium_products.css

in the /public_html/ of the account. As soon as the /wp-content/cache is cleared, the page comes up correctly with the proper CSS

This leads me to believe that the way that Gantry is generating the cache is conflicting with the way that your theme is calling it's CSS.

You may want to double-check the Gantry configuration on the matter, as it doesn't appear that there is an option to disable Caching within Gantry's settings at all. There is an option to flush the cache, but nothing other than that from what I found.

anyone have any ideas how i can fix this as i dont really want to have to lose all the work i did using Helium and start again using something else other than Gantry
  • Re: Google tag manager - again

• Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Google tag manager - again

• all of them - they usually loaded up properly at first and then if you hit refresh or clicked on another page the CSS would go haywire.
      Siteground managed to fix the issue though last night by doing this:

I have found the issue and it was indeed caused by the way that the Gantry 5 framework stores cache in relation to the mod_security rules that are applied on the server. This clash caused the 406 response on pages and in turn a 404 on the CSS files.

I have applied a filter for the specific rule within the mod_security configuration only for this domain name and this appears to have resolved the issue on my end.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Yeah - I had already tried that but they told me:

Unfortunately, you need root access in order to be able to disable mod_security rule for a website and this is why you need to open new Support Ticket with detailed step-by-step guide how to replicate the issue on our end and we will disable the needed rule only for the the website in question.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds