Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Google tag manager

• SOLVED Google tag manager

Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    • Trying to add google tag manager code to a new site
      They say it needs to go as high in the <head> of the page as possible

I added it into the Head Properties in the Helium theme as they suggest but that puts the code right at the bottom - any way to send this up to the top at all ?

Seems to be messing with the site rendering properly being where it is.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by JigsawDesign.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Google tag manager

• you can try it in a Custom JS Atom to which you can set load priority on... I believe JS loaded there is in the <head>
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Google tag manager

• thanks for that - i actually ended up trying the JS Asset and it seems to have done the job - priority didnt really do much - moved it a couple of lines higher - but still, its done the job !
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• good deal :)

If a thread is solved please edit your *original/first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; but you do need the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Google tag manager

• If someone insterested, I did a small atom particle to add the Google Tag Manager code right where Google ask for, the code is here:

github.com/hugoaf/gantry5-joomla-atom-googletagmanager

You only have to add the two files to /templates/your-theme/custom/particles/

after that, the atom will be shown in Gantry Administrator, add it to your page settings and configure just with you GTM container ID.
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt, Manna

• Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web
    • studio673
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 2 years 9 months ago
    • I've just come to this.

So I would create 2 custom HTML particle/modules and place this code (one in the header and the noscript in the body) with the specific GTM code in the specific places?

thanks in advance

George

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds