Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Back end plugins breaking when Gantry 5 is active

• Back end plugins breaking when Gantry 5 is active

Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    • On several plugins in the back end of my site I am seeing error messages, usually a grey half screen with text on both sides. I can’t see the info on the left of the screen because it is covered up by the WP navigation bar. Screen shots of one of the pages (trying to access Slider Revolution) is below. Second photo is of trying to use Duplicator.

If the thumbnails below do not display try opening the full image (it works correctly).

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
      Screenshot of one of the error pages

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
      example of error trying to use Duplicator

I was able to track down the problem by turning off plugins one at a time. Finally tracked it down to the Gantry 5 Framework plugin. With it on the pages break (front end seems fine) but with Gantry 5 turned off the back end all works (front end obviously won't though...)
      Any idea what might be going on?

I will post login details in the secure tab if needed to investigate the cause of the problem.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Back end plugins breaking when Gantry 5 is active

• Re: Back end plugins breaking when Gantry 5 is active

• I did a select all and disabled all plugins. Screen reloaded and I went in and turned on Gantry 5. G5 is the only plugin currently active. Problem is that now I can't even get the plugin list without seeing that same error page. In fact the error seems to be occuring almost everywhere now on the back end. The list of plugins shows up for an instant then immediately switches to the same basic error page... Now I can't get in to even turn the other plugins back on so that my storefront works. I was able to restore from a backup for now but don't know what to do next. Help!

Clarification, with all the plugins off except for Gantry 5 none of the back end plugins work. I can't even get into posts, media, or anything. The only one that seems to work is the Helium theme link.

Further clarification, I restored from backup and then tried switching from Helium to Hydrogen for the theme. Same problems. When I switch the site theme over to something non Gantry like Twenty Sixteen theme everything works.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Chad Criswell.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• FTP credentials in the secure tab. I ran a backup. Thank you! You're awesome!

• Sorry to bump but any idea what might be going on here? In order to do anything in the back end I have to basically turn off the front end...
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• What version of PHP are you running?

Does the error say "Loadprogress" already running? Can you copy+paste the exact error into the thread?

Looks to me like you have duplicate PHP Modules trying to load... that is almost always an error in your PHP.ini file when it's trying to load a Module that the server is already loading... try disabling your php.ini file or look for the thing it says is already loaded in your php.ini file and comment/remove that line
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds