Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 "Base Outline" / "Layout (Default)" does not replicate correctly.

• emedia
    • Rocketeer

Gantry 5 "Base Outline" / "Layout (Default)" does not replicate correctly.

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • I'm still finding Gantry 5 very challenging compared to Gantry 4. Much simply does not seem to make logical sense. I'm working off a Calistto Rocketlauncher version.

I've got "Base Outline" / "Layout (Default)" customized and setup the way I'd like. And any page created that does NOT have an "Assignment" tied to it, will appear as expected (with logo/navigation/particles, etc.

The problem is in creating a custom style for a particular page or pages. I've tried various methods to this seemingly simple task. I don't see a way to add or copy an "Outline" of "Default" (I can copy other pages, but they still have oll the Rockettheme presets). And if I "Load" the "Default" Preset from an existing page it does not in fact load what I've created but rather the "default" as it looked when my RocketLauncher package first arrived.

As an aside - I can't quite understand why there is still no Gantry 5 Forum dedicated to Wordpress here. Finding relavant posts is challenging when Gantry 5 and Gantry 4 posts are intermingled. (I asked this question before and it was ignored.)

Marc
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 "Base Outline" / "Layout (Default)" does not replicate correctly.

• What version of Gantry 5 are you using ? please instal 5.1.2 because you should not have a base outline > layout tab. We removed it because it does nothing at the moment.

If you want to copy an outline then you use the "outlines" button top right of page and then click on the"duplicate" button in the outline manager.

Sorry if any questions were previously ignored. Can you provide link to the topic. Gantry 5 runs on both Joomla and Wordpress and therefore many of the questions about Gantry 5 can be answered the same way (hence this single forum). But if you do have a specific question about Gantry 5 and a paid template on Wordpress then there is a forum for that. Also, there is a chat room for Gantry 5 on github where you can interact with our developers and the community https://gitter.im/gantry/gantry5

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • emedia
    • Rocketeer

• Mr T.

I dowloaded and installed it as part of a RocketLauncher package way back in August, 19th. Which is about two weeks ago today. And I do see that I have Gantry 5.1.0 which is from that RocketLauncher.

As I have now spent the last couple of weeks working on the site and using "Base Outline" as the basis for my template, it would all go away upon upgrade. Is that correct? "Base Outline" sure sounds like what one might use as the base outline for a template. What should I be using instead?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I think you (or I) might be getting confused here.

There is a based outline in all versions of Gantry, but in that base outline you will not have a layout tab in that base outline. The tab was present at one time but it was removed because the layout for a base outline actually does absolutely nothing at the moment. We will instroduce it again later when we tdo the development to make it work. So, if you have done work in the base outline for the styles tab and the settings tab - then they will be still present when you upgrade and be untouched. If I recall, the layout tab does not exist in 5.1.0 either.

You also mentioned "default" outline - that exists in all versions of Gantry 5 too and does have a layout tab, as this is normally the default then there is no need to make any assignments then all pages would use that outline unless they specifically have another outline assigned to them.

If you do have a layout in an outline the you wish to use in another outline then you can go into outline manager (button top right of gantry admin) and then on that outline presss the "duplicate" button and you will get another outline with all the same settings, styles, and layout.

I hope that's clearer.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds