Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Only Shortcodes Show on Pages

• KittyJ
    • Rocketeer

Re: Only Shortcodes Show on Pages

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Please CLOSED THIS POST as I have given up hope and deleted admin credentials. I know you guys are busy creating new themes to feed the repository for new and renewed membership. @Damir Pecnik, thank you for your consideration of my issues. I know yo have a lot on your plate supporting members in good standing. You were the only person on your team who at least tried to be truly helpful. My web property is designed to be membership based too and I wanted a theme that expressed class and professionalism, which Vermilion does. It has taken over a year to get the site to where I want it to appear and function to begin charging a membership fee. The final piece was a visually pleasing and robust membership plug-in, which I found after my RocketTheme membership expired. Upon installation of that premium plugin I was presented with a "no show" of all membership related shortcode content. Herein lies the rub.

I wanted to refer back to my posts to see if there were answers or responses that would provide insight into the root of my problem. I thought it might be the unwanted addslashes \" \' problem that was unresolved. In the meantime, I asked RocketTheme for help because the plugin developer searched the forums and read the Gantry docs and couldn't figure why Gantry wouldn't parse. NOTE: It's incorrect that I was customizing the theme as @Matt posted in my topic http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-for-wordpress/232317-how-to-make-plug-in-shortcodes-parse-content that was locked and transferred here. I was having a problem with a premium membership plug-in showing shortcodes only with Gantry enabled in the Vermilion (preferred theme). The plugin developer points me to RocketThemes and RocketThemes points me to the developer and Gantry documentation and Google Groups. After much delay and ping pong, I was forced to try adding plugin's templates directly to the theme folder itself, which works, but with limited functionality. I really need to just parse the shortcodes rather than reveal paths.

My question WAS and REMAINS "How to make the shortcodes render its content with required Gantry framework?" In the interest of time and out of sheer despiration, and to begin generating revenue before the end of this year, I acted as the go between seeking to find a clue, which I still don't have.

My plug-in developer needs pointed guidance to what to add to his code. The Google forums are useless in this case and the Gantry documentation is abstract for my issue. I would have renewed my membership had it not been made clear to me that RocketTheme doesn't support it's required Gantry framework. It's unwise to shell out more money to dedicate a direct purchase of Vermilion only to NOT resolve my plug-in conflict with Gantry. If I were to purchase Vermilion support out-right this is a dependency issue that needs a timely hands-on resolution.

RocketTheme made getting help more complicated than it needed to be. Rather than seek to help me resolve pending issues carried over past membership expiration @Kat05 became defensive of her support team and publicly put me on blast further inflaming the issue http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/general-discussion/229547-my-topics-disappeared .
      What ever happened to customer satisfaction?
    • Wordpress 4.2.1, Gantry 4.1.4, Vermilion 1.0, Rock Common 3.1.11, RockSprocket 2.1.1, RockAjaxSearch 1.20

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds