Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED No calls to wp_head and wp_footer?

• SOLVED No calls to wp_head and wp_footer?

Posted 10 years 11 months ago
    • Hi,
      How come the standard calls to wp_head and wp_footer are missing from the Gantry 4.0.5 theme? I need this code to be present for some of my plugins to work! Will I break the theme if I add them?

Thank you!
    • Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Tim Burkart.
    • Shazdeh
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED No calls to wp_head and wp_footer?

• Hi,
      the $gantry->displayHead() and $gantry->displayFooter() methods call those two functions internally, so no need to add them manually. One thing I'd like to add is that Gantry delays the wp_head and wp_footer calls until the page has been rendered completely and so, we can enqueue scripts and stylesheets in the middle of page render (this feature has long existed in Joomla but not in WordPress), and that's how the [rokstyle] shortcode ( gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordp...e/gizmos.md#rokstyle ) works: you enter the CSS or JavaScript codes in the post but they are added to the head tag. Cool. :)
    • Please don't PM unless requested ;)
      Consider using the custom stylesheet for all your CSS customizations: gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordp...custom_stylesheet.md .
      Please provide the URL to the issue.
      And please mark the thread as solved if the issue is resolved.
  • Re: SOLVED No calls to wp_head and wp_footer?

• Thank you very much for the explanation, Shazdeh!
  • Re: SOLVED No calls to wp_head and wp_footer?

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • Having a similar problem with a plugin.

A plugin's shortcodes are not populating the content. Plugin functions fine using another theme, but not with my Gantry theme. After troubleshooting with me, Developer says including <?php wp_footer();?> is required for the plugin to work properly. However, even when I add that call at the bottom of footer.php, the problem remains. [ link to plugin and footer call requirement]

Any suggestions?
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED No calls to wp_head and wp_footer?

Posted 10 years 1 month ago

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds