Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

404 error when accessing Template manager

• Simon

404 error when accessing Template manager

Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    • Hello

We have installed and is using the Lumiere template 1.9, site is working but we cannot access the template manager via Template->Styles, it says
      404 cannot find component

The URL is
      index.php?option=com_gantry&task=template.edit&id=12

That page do not state any more errors even with full errorreporting enabled.

I have fully updated system, Joomla 3.8.8
      Gantry is 4.1.35

The thing is that when I disable the system gantry plugin, I can access the normal template manager page for the lumiere template. But not when gantry plugin is active.

I have tried to disable/enable the plugin and the modules to no luck. I have not tried a full reinstallation but would hope not do have to do that...I have the position module thing in global settings->template manager set to off...

what can I do?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: 404 error when accessing Template manager

• Clear your Joomla system cache....

If that doesn't work, reinstall the Gantry 4 Component
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Simon

• thanks for the reply

I have already cleared the cache under system, and deleted all the cache there, even the expired ones...

And I tried to reinstall the gantry4, but did not uninstall it first.... I do not know if that makes any difference?

If I do this, is the correct way to first enable one of the other standard templates, uninstall the gantry 4 system under plugins and then reinstall it under extensions?

Is there any other place to look?

Best regards
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• just re-upload the Gantry 4 package, you do not have to uninstall it first
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Simon

• Yeah, I already done that, no luck... I took the package from the lumiere link on your page...

I do see one strange thing though, should the framework have double posts in the manage addins?...see image
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• yeah, that's a little weird... go ahead and uninstall Gantry completely then reinstall it... you don't need to worry about switching themes first or anything
    • The following users have thanked you: Simon

• Simon

• thank you, i can now access the template manager...

and now there is three posts in manage...
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• If a thread is solved please edit your *original / first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; but you do need the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds