Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Warning error

• CM_UT

SOLVED Warning error

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • Has anyone run into this?

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /hosts/udw-dev/var/www/html/plugins/system/gantry/gantry.php on line 406

I'm asking here because it seems to be related to Gantry 4.

Our hosting group made some server patches over this past weekend, and the result was the error message above. The site seems to work just fine otherwise, but I'm sort of stumped.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Warning error

• What version of Gantry 4 are you using?
      What template and version?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Tell me how to reproduce the error.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • CM_UT

• Thanks, MrT.

The site is under development and behind an .htaccess password, so I'll send that to you.

Access to the adminstrator would require VPN access, so I've left a message with our hosting people to see if they could temporarily remove the VPN requirements. It's a U.S. state government server, however, so I'm unsure if they'll drop the security precautions. When I hear back, I'll let you know.

The site is based on the Afterburner v1.3 template, and is running Gantry v4.1.34.

Below are two screen captures. Each page has the error message at the top in the same color as the background, so I've highlighted it for the screen capture. The Template Manager in the administrator repeats the error (literally repeats it). Other than the warning message, everything else appears to be functional.

Everything was running fine until they made the server patch updates this past weekend, so I suspect the issue isn't with Gantry 4. It does appear to be related somehow to Gantry. Any insight you might have would be helpful.

Thanks!
    • CM_UT

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to CM_UT, moderators and administrators
    • CM_UT

• Disabling the System - Gantry 4 plugin makes the warning message problem go away, which isn't surprising, but it's also puzzling.

What exactly does this plugin do? The site seemingly works fine without it, but the note accompanying the plugin says it "needs to be enabled at all times." I had always assumed this plugin was essential for a Gantry 4 theme to even work, so it's a little surprising that nothing seems to happens when I disable it. I'm apparently not understanding something.

For what it's worth, the server is running PHP 7.2.5 and Apache 2.4.33 — the latest stable versions.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by CM_UT. Reason: Extra info.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok that's the issue... We have not yet completed making the necessary changes to make everything compatible with PHP7.2.x so please lower your php version to 7.1.x and you will be fine.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: CM_UT

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • CM_UT

• Thank you, Mark! We'll roll back the PHP upgrade until the Gantry 4 fixes are made.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds