Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

roknavmenu, backend settings broken

• roknavmenu, backend settings broken

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • Hi there,

I just noticed that the backend of roknavmenu module is broken. Please refer to the screenshot:
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

As one can see, the settings of dropdown menu do not appear below the selection "gantry-dropdown".
      Indicated by the question mark with the grey bar. On clicking the label "COM_MODULES_GANTRY-DROPDOWN_FIELDSET_LABEL" the page is empty too. The only section which works is "fusion menu". When disabling all gantry templates roknav still shows errors in displaying options of fusion:

I'm using gantry4 with default template. Both version 4.1.33. Roknavmenu is 2.0.9
      My system details are as follows: PHP 7.1.6, Joomla 3.7.5

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
      Christoph
    • Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Christoph Hagedorn. Reason: reordered screenshots for better overview
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: roknavmenu, backend settings broken

• Have you got multiple G4 themes installed/enabled or just a single theme?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: roknavmenu, backend settings broken

• Hi Matt,

I have two G4 templates installed. But I uninstalled one for test and the error remains.

• This seems to be related to the RokExtender Plugin. When I disable it, the additional module settings of roknavmenu disappear.
      It is configured like that in the advanced tab:
      /modules/mod_roknavmenu/lib/RokNavMenuEvents.php,/modules/mod_rokminievents3/lib/RokMiniEvents3Plugin.php
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Ok, do you have a PHPBB forum hooked up to this site? Do you need the RokExtender plugin?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• I don't have phpBB hooked up.
      I don't really need the extender. It is just enabled by default when roknavmenu or rokminievents is installed.

It's simply a bug I would like to fix.
      By the way, is there a public git repo of gantry 4 where one can submit patches?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• no, only for Gantry 5

go ahead and uninstall RokExtender

• Actually I found that there is nothing broken, it is just
      1. translation is missing for labels
      2. parameters.xml is used by rokextender plugin, it should be filled with the appropriate fields of template-options.xml
      3. translation does not take place by rokextender plugin

Anyway, I understood now, that both menus were designed for use within gantry template backend only.
      They were obviously not intented for use at a module position with roknav module. At least for the split menu I do not see the
      use for its sub menu.
      But then it should be possible to set a flag in e.g. RokNavMenu::registerTheme() that mod_roknav does not offer it in the theme selection box.
      Otherwise it cannot be configured properly if rokextender plugin is off or parameters.xml is not designed.

Sample:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <form>
          <subfields name="roknavmenu-themes">
              <fieldset name="gantry-splitmenu" label="Splitmenu Theme Options">

</fieldset>
          </subfields>

<fieldset name="gantry-splitmenu" label="Splitmenu Theme Options" >
              <fields type="set" name="splitmenu" label="SPLITMENU">

<field name="mainmenu-class_sfx" type="hidden" default="top"/>
                  <field name="submenu-limit_levels" type="hidden" default="1"/>
                  <field name="submenu-startLevel" type="hidden" default="1"/>
                  <field name="submenu-endLevel" type="hidden" default="9"/>

<field name="menutype" type="hidden" default="menu" label="MENU_SELECT" description="MENU_SELECT_DESC"/>
                  <field name="theme" type="hidden" default="gantry-splitmenu"/>
                 <!-- <field name="mainmenu-position" type="position" translation="false" default="header-a"
                         label="MAINMENU_POS" description="MAINMENU_POS_DESC"/>-->
                  <field name="submenu-position" type="position" translation="false" default="sidebar-c"
                         label="SUBMENU_POS" description="SUBMENU_POS_DESC"/>
                  <field name="submenu-title" type="radio" default="1" label="SUBMENU_TITLE" description="SUBMENU_TITLE_DESC" >
                      <option value="0">No</option>
                      <option value="1">Yes</option>
                  </field>
                  <field name="submenu-class_sfx" type="text" default="" label="SUBMENU_CLASS_SFX"
                         description="SUBMENU_CLASS_SFX_DESC" class="text-medium" />
                  <field name="submenu-module_sfx" type="text" default=""
                         label="SUBMENUMODULE_CLASS_SFX" description="SUBMENUMODULE_CLASS_SFX_DESC" class="text-medium" />

<field name="enable-current-id" type="radio" default="0"
                         label="ENABLE_ID" description="ENABLE_ID_DESC">
                      <option value="0">No</option>
                      <option value="1">Yes</option>
                  </field>

</fields>
          </fieldset>
      </form>

Results:

• Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Christoph Hagedorn.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I will let the Devs know
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Matt, moderators and administrators

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds